Clear all

Shout Out from a New Guy Here

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@bluesrider99)
Topic starter

Hi all,

I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Stephen and I'm a guitarist. I live in southeastern Connecticut and I am a working musician in a couple of bands, one blues-rock, the other funk-groove-based jazz-rock-blues. I've been playing since I was 13, about 30 years, +/-. Music is part of my life; it's my main outlet of expression, and it is great therapy - crank it up and let 'er rip!

I have a small army of electric and acoustic guitars. Electrics: Strat, Tele, TC-90 Thinline Tele, Epiphone Dot and a cheap mid-90s Fernandes Strat clone (recent acquisition; couldn't pass it up for the price). I play a bit of bass, as well, although I don't get much chance to.

My mainstay amps are a BillM-modded Fender Blues Junior with a Cannibis Rex speaker (a fabulous improvement over stock) and a mid-70s Fender Super Reverb. I have other amps that come and go, but nothing else that stays around. I currently have my eye on an old Twin - yum!

I use few pedals; I like to keep it simple: Analog Man-modded Boss SD-1, an old TS-9, Line 6 Roto Machine for Leslie effects, and a delay (I vacillate between an old Boss DD-2 and a Line 6 Echo Park). I'm thinking about a wah pedal for playing funk, but I can't decide on which I like best. Any suggestions?

I have an old Fostex digital recorder (my computer is too old and slow for Pro Tools or the like) that I am learning to use as a scratch pad for writing, but I have to admit that it is frustrating. I also have an even more frustrating Boss DR-550 drum machine. Between the two of them, I almost think it'd be easier to learn how to play drums and buy a real studio!

Anyway, that's about it for now. Sorry if my intro was long. I'm looking forward to meeting other musicians and learning. Learning is part of life and part of growth, no matter how long you've been playing.

Take It Easy, and I'll see you around the boards, or even better, on a stage!

Stephen

Posted : 05/12/2008 4:06 am
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

crank it up and let 'er rip! Stephen

Hey...big dittos from all uv us!!!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 05/12/2008 4:58 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Stephen! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 05/12/2008 10:47 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 23/12/2008 12:14 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Howdy and welcome to GN!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 23/12/2008 3:25 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Stephen! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 23/12/2008 4:45 pm