Notifications
Clear all

Sleepless but with guitar

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@3echeval)
Topic starter

I bought my very first guitar last evening and couldn't sleep last night because of that. Just too excited about what awaits me. I have E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G to learn. I mean everything. And re-learn the little bit I ever knew, as the last time I read a music sheet I was 10 yo, and I am now... 56! I played the flute for one summer. And in between 10 yo and today, I have constantly wanted to learn an instrument and play, for my own pleasure and for fun. (I am an avid fan of folk music.) Yesterday, I thought : what ? am I going to wait until I am half dead and crippled to tackle this. I found a guitar for sale, one that I liked and researched it on the web, so I went and bought it ...in the worse snow blizzard we have had in Montreal this year, a blizzard that lasted exactly the time I took me to drive to and from the location of the guitar in a far away suburb. Bad omen ? Naw! I am excited to tackle this big adventure. The challenges are numerous. Learning music again. Learning the guitar. Nowhere near as easy as I may have assumed at first. But this does NOT discourage me one bit. I gather one needs to keep at it and be steady and structured in its learning, so I can play for myself and enjoy the music. I have about a godzillion newbie questions, but I will try not to inundate this forum with them. I saw that this forum was a treasure trove of good advice and I hope to benefit from it. Hello to everyone in here.

Posted : 13/02/2016 3:42 pm