Clear all

The Songs Can Finally Come Out

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jcjxxl)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hello all. After a few days of lurking around the forum I decided to go ahead and become part of this great community.

I just recently got my first guitar (about 2 weeks ago for my birthday). I've always wanted to play guitar as a kid but for some my father who is a blues guitar player had no interest in teaching. Well now that I am older and able to do as I choose...LOOK OUT!!! :)

Even though the learning is going slow (very slow...) I'm excited about having a way to finally get the music out of my head and into the world.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say "Hello". I am now off to the beginner lessons :)

Posted : 29/04/2006 4:39 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Gald to have you aboard JCJXXL! :D

See you around the boards! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 29/04/2006 4:49 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, JCJXXL! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 29/04/2006 4:59 pm
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Welcome. Don't worry about having to teach yourself. All you have to do about making it work is make sure you get some good lessons (here, books from the guitar store, etc.) and practice a lot. try for at least an hour of day. And don't worry if you feel stuck in a rut, it happens to all of us. I'm working out of one right now, after my fourth year.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

Posted : 29/04/2006 11:06 pm
(@jcjxxl)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the advice Duff. I've gone out and purchased "Guitar For Dummies" (no laughter needed please..hehehe) and have a few instructional videos I've been learning from and also been using GN. Its been frustrating at times but I have to remind myself that I know more now then I did 2 weeks ago. The MOST frustrating thing is trying to play chords without buzzing or muting a neighboring string. It makes me so mad sometimes that I feel like smashing it. I think I have issues :wink:

Posted : 30/04/2006 3:45 am