Clear all

Total Recall!

10 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@robertwav1)
Topic starter

Hello All,

Started playing again after a 30 year rest. It's amazing how your brain remembers things of the past. Reading music again is a bit of a challenge but....seems to be comming back slowly. Acoustic and grateful for a site like "guitarnoise". Didn't have this back in my day. Starting off with some of the intermediate stuff which seems to be my pace ... boy do my fingers hurt though. Having lots of fun!

Posted : 12/04/2007 11:39 am
(@alangreen)

It's like riding a bike - you never really forget.

Welcome to Guitarnoise. We think you'll like it here

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 12/04/2007 11:45 am
(@denny)
Reputable Member

Hi Robert. Welcome to GN. Picking the guitar back up must be like meeting an old friend.

Denny

Posted : 12/04/2007 4:03 pm
(@robertwav1)
Topic starter

Sorry I let it go so long but you know how it gets, domestic responsibilities come first then, time becomes your own again. Well thanks for the welcome! Think I'll cruise the other forums and see what's going on, have a lot of catching up to do. Cheers!

Posted : 13/04/2007 10:32 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Having lots of fun!

That's what it's all about! :D Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 13/04/2007 11:27 am
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN, Robert.

Looking forward to seeing you round the boards.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 13/04/2007 11:59 am
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

welcome back to sanity 8)

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

Posted : 13/04/2007 2:16 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

sanity, hah. I remember a time when this place was reffered to as an "asylum for the musically insane"

Anyways, welcome aboard!

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 13/04/2007 2:50 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Robert! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

I started again after a 20+ year "hiatus" a few years ago and it really does come back!! People who had known me during this period were amazed that I was "picking it up so quickly".... I had to keep reminding them that I had actually started playing when I was 13, that this was my second time around!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 13/04/2007 6:44 pm
 jimh
(@jimh)
Estimable Member

Welcome... :D

Music is the universal language.

Posted : 16/04/2007 2:52 pm