Skip to content
Anarchy (or at leas...

Notifications
Clear all

Anarchy (or at least a GN Seminar) in the UK?

48 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
14.8 K Views
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

Hip hip and cheerio, then, mates!

Alright, that is pretty incredibly lame, but here's my problem...

Pet wants (demands, really) a Guitar Noise Seminar. In Midlands, of all places! Hey, I don't blame her! But in order to come to England, I've got to know that it's going to be feasible. So...

I've been working the numbers and I think that if I knew I could have three seminars with six to ten people at each one, then I should be able to swing it. Any thoughts? Let's say we have one at Pet's in the Midlands, then we'd need to get two more sites set up. We'd also need to discuss topics and all that.

Shall we shoot for sometime soon or perhaps this fall?

Open to discussion...

Peace

Posted : 01/04/2004 2:54 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

LOL

DHodge you will get me a bad name! (Ok who am I kidding - I'm already there).

All I did was ask - alot...

One at my house would be ok, I have room for 6-8 people, any more then there is a church hall about 50 yards up the road I'm sure I could blagg for the day.

Pet

(demands - lol)

Posted : 01/04/2004 3:06 pm
(@alangreen)

You can run one at my place David - Basildon in Essex; responsible for giving the world Vince Clarke, Depeche Mode, and Alison Moyet, (and a horror story called 5ive a few years later).

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 02/04/2004 5:19 pm
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

We've got two places, now we need people! And possibly a third place...

I'm going to have to go get my maps from when I visited back in '96! I'm assuming the trains are still running, right?   ;)

Peace

Posted : 02/04/2004 5:51 pm
(@Anonymous)

Trains? What's a train? Seriously though, one in the south, one in the midlands, that kinda leaves ... the North, where I'm from! Liverpool or Manchester area, maybe, or, if you want to go further North, Pet isn't that far from me. Anyway, count yours truly in !!!!! :) :) :)

Posted : 02/04/2004 7:04 pm
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

Vic, if you'd like to host one in your area, that would be grand and would indeed cover just about everywhere, no?

We could always fix it so that there are different topics at each place so there's a reason for attending them all!  

You guys are terrific and I hope this all works out.

Peace

David

Posted : 02/04/2004 7:30 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Sweet!

Like Vic said we are not that far apart so I would be able to come to at least two - *Yay*.  I'm pretty sure I could get people my end to attend, a couple of local guy's (one who's about to record a second album with his band) would be intrested and I can also ask at my music school etc etc.  

Come on guys lets make this happen...

Posted : 02/04/2004 9:27 pm
(@Anonymous)

Give me a day or so to try and talk the missus round about hosting one, personally I'd love to and I think I could just about persuade her.

How many people are you thinking? About 6 to 10 sounds okay for me, any more and I'm sure that my daughter would be able to talk her friend into talking her boss into letting us use the local pub (which, for added convenience, is just across the road from the railway station that is on the main line between  Liverpool and Manchester.)

Any info on what sort of topics we're talking would be a big help.

Will get back to you A.S.A.P.

Vic.   :)

Posted : 02/04/2004 9:48 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I'm in.

Posted : 03/04/2004 12:50 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Kewl!

You might be in, but you might not get out after you heard my awful playing.

Posted : 03/04/2004 12:54 am
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

I'm in.

Are you serious?? Very cool! I've got a travel bud! And where, for the love of all that's holy, did you find that "Bionic Bunny" icon?   ;)

Vic, the topics can be about a lot of things. Since you'd be hosting, I think it's only fair that you get first choice. If you'd like, IM or email me ([email protected]) and we can discuss some ideas.

Peace

Posted : 03/04/2004 3:03 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Ok so we have 3 venues right? Alan's, Vic's (depending on how well he charms the Mrs) and mine.

Sweet!

Isn't Bionic Bunny off a kiddies T.V show Arthur?

Laterz

;D

Posted : 03/04/2004 1:00 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Well, only when he's animated.  Not in real life.

Posted : 03/04/2004 1:42 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

LOL - you know what I ment  ;D

Posted : 03/04/2004 1:54 pm
(@Anonymous)

Negotiations in process, this is gonna cost me an arm and a leg! You thought the "star wars" & "Salt" treaties were hard work - good job my missus wasn't there! Good news is she's gradually coming round!!! Will keep apprised of further progress. Vic ::)

Posted : 03/04/2004 3:43 pm
Page 1 / 4