And this one belongs to....

11 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

THE REDS!!!

Way off topic I know, but I was there to see them clinch a playoff birth for the first time in 15 years!!!

I still remember going to the 1990 World Series, I was 12, Game 2....for that and the NL Series against the Pirates. People walking around with brooms pounding on the sidewalk (yeah it was still 2 games away, but we were the ones expected to get swept that year).

But very excited....I work overnights, but I don't think I would've been able to sleep anyway...just too excited :lol: :lol:

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 29/09/2010 7:28 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I hate the REDS! Ha Joe I've been a Cardinal fan all my life and I'm crying over the way they tanked.

Good luck!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 29/09/2010 12:35 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

HAHA!!! I HATE the Cards!

I don't know which is worse, the Cards in baseball or the Steelers/Ravens in Football.

Yeah you guys really let things slide...however the Reds did too. I just hope they get this little losing stint done before the post season.

Posted : 29/09/2010 12:45 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Unfortunately it's all about momentum and they haven't been playing to good lately either. But you never know.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 29/09/2010 4:35 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Oh yeah, that's the truth. I'm hoping they get a good win streak going in. I kind of even hope they get Philly first....they gotta play them sometime.

Posted : 30/09/2010 3:21 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Man, what a long season. I see a few managers and one GM already got the axe. A few more, maybe? Got two retiring. Now's gotta be a great time to be a well thought of bench-coach.

I don't even see Girardi (the Yankees manager) or Washington (Rangers) getting extensions yet, or maybe I've missed it.

My favorite team (Red Sox) got the M.A.S.H. award. I've never seen a team have to go 5 deep at catcher before. They even went out and got two more before it was all over. Two minor leaguers got injured before ever being called up. (I guess that makes it 7 deep?)

Oh well, on to the playoffs. This is the first time in recent memory that I don't have a favorite or one who I think will take it all. Too many good all-around teams. I didn't think the braves would and there were too many teams that got to coast in that you can't really judge by the last couple weeks. first things first, though. MNF tonight. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 04/10/2010 4:11 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Roy,

Go with the Reds :) :)

We need all the help we can get against Philly this opening series...man how I would love to just stick it to them!

Posted : 04/10/2010 4:13 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Roy,

Go with the Reds :) :)

We need all the help we can get against Philly this opening series...man how I would love to just stick it to them!
Those front three starters for the Phillies. Yikes.

OK, so I'm not much of a true Yankee Hater as many of my fellow 'sox fans are, but I would LOVE to see Pavano pitch the game of his life later this week in Yankee Stadium.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 04/10/2010 5:15 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Wow, a No-No. That doesn't happen very often. doesn't look like it's gonna let up any time soon, either.

Roy

Posted : 07/10/2010 11:35 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Yeah all thanks to the Reds defense, they should have won game 2. Here's hoping game 3 gets better, they are down 2-0 as I type this.

Posted : 11/10/2010 12:49 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

It happens, Joe. The other night I saw Texas and the Rays late in the game, but before the homer that made it a 4 run lead. The Rangers looked like they couldn't sit still. People get a bad case of the nerves and poof, no more catch and throw. Happens every year.

Roy

Posted : 11/10/2010 4:28 am