Notifications
Clear all

Anniversary Date

24 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Wow, nice read. Nice to think back to how it was to how it is today. It's great that we get to learn from one another on this site via articles or the forums. :D

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 05/10/2006 5:26 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Now that was cool reading how you guys found GuitarNoise! Very cool indeed.

I probably got directed here via a Google search. Seeing that I joined in October of '04 and only started playing guitar in September of '04. Regardless of how, I'm glad I did. Cool people, good info, and great place to fuel my GAS. :)

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 05/10/2006 7:25 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Congrats, Bish, on the anniversary! I'm not too far behind you, but have a few months to go before completing a year here.

It's really cool to read about the incredible growth GN has gone through in a relatively short time, and the personal stories that have come alongside.

Thanks, everyone, for all you do to make this such a great place. I've spent a good many hours (and many good hours, too) hanging out here, reading, learning, listening and best of all, laughing. I'm not exaggerating when I say that GN has changed my life for the better. GN has meant more to me than you'll ever know.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 06/10/2006 12:15 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Congrats bish :D Time flies when your having fun! It was 2 years last week for me ( sept. 27, 2004) I think I was checking out the lessons for about 6 months (I even had GN on my favorites list) before I noticed they had a Forum).--the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 06/10/2006 6:08 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I think I was checking out the lessons for about 6 months (I even had GN on my favorites list) before I noticed they had a Forum).--the dog

I did the same thing! I think I had found the GN home page through Google in the summer of '03, and went to it at least a couple of times a week, and didn't notice the forum link at the top of the page until Feb. '04! :roll: :oops: Best place on the web! You all rock!! 8) :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 06/10/2006 6:40 pm
(@simplysimplified)
Eminent Member

Although I just joined, I know I would be so extreemely lost without you guys and the fancy lessons here. :wink:

You guys have such awesome stories. I can't wait for the day when I can say, "Yeah, I've been here for about four years now..."

So here I go, back to practicing!!!

Katelyn

Posted : 06/10/2006 8:05 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

You know Dan and Dog, that's what actually happened to me. I was looking for guitar information, stumbled onto Guitar Noise and after a few weeks I too noticed the forum tab. Hahahaha.

With the interaction between some of us, this place is humbling as well as gratifying. I've taken away so much more than I could give back....I owe this place a lot.

This place makes me smile all the time.

But I must confess....it's hard to type while playing. :oops: :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 06/10/2006 9:12 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Congrats bish :D Time flies when your having fun! It was 2 years last week for me ( sept. 27, 2004) I think I was checking out the lessons for about 6 months (I even had GN on my favorites list) before I noticed they had a Forum).--the dog

I thought you were here a lot longer than me. Four more months to my two year. I orginally googled (I think) and came to the website and I noticed the forums but I wasnt going to join and get whipped and thrashed by a bunch of mean spirited, geeky, net users.... Needless to say once I came in it was much better than I had imagined. Now I wouldnt mind being whipped or thrashed about by most of ya. :oops:

Met some truely great people here. People that I want to meet in person.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 07/10/2006 5:04 am
(@corbind)
Noble Member

My story is similar. I Googled "guitar lessons" or something of that sort and it got me to GN.com. I was intrigued by the articles and a month or two later I noticed the forums. There were few sections or posts for that matter. But, for the posts there were, there were great detailed responses from nice people. I still miss Ryan Spencer. Hopefully he's playing guitar a lot more now since (I believe) he was the only moderator.

It's funny that I lurked the forums for months before I posted so I would maybe have some of my questions answered by reading what others were asking. GN has grown so much in the time I've been here I can't imagine how huge it will be say in ten years. Maybe I'll be smart enough to be a moderator then, LOL! :D

Thanks to all of you who make this site fantastic!

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 07/10/2006 6:14 pm
Page 2 / 2