Clear all

Anyone having issues reaching GN?

23 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Has anyone else been having sporadic problems getting to the site? Last night I couldn't connect, then could, couldn't this morning, then could. I thought maybe it was just something going on at home, but earlier this afternoon, I couldn't connect from work.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 16/07/2008 8:54 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

me too. on and off all day

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 16/07/2008 9:00 pm
(@davidhodge)

It would seem from reading around a bit that folks are having some problems. Myself included.

As you might already know, Paul has been working on a site-wide upgrade and it's not (big surprise coming) bug-free as of yet. As always (another big surprise coming), we appreciate your patience with all this.

As they used to say, "...we now return you to your regular programming..."

Peace

Posted : 16/07/2008 9:01 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

It's completely understood. I write bugs, I mean software, for a living so I know what it's like.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 16/07/2008 9:13 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Me too. I started with the problems yesterday (around 24 hours ago) but I thought it was my ISP. Today I didn't try to read the forums and a couple of hours ago I had problems again.

BTW, thanks for keeping the site updated! And for the new menu in the main site!

Posted : 16/07/2008 9:19 pm
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

Yep, me too. And having just found this site I was saddened and downcast to think it was going bye-bye. :cry:

I was wondering also, if the link to the Easy Beginner Songs page 2 is broken or doesn't work for some other reason...

https://www.guitarnoise.com/topics/easy-guitar-songs/tag/easy-songs-for-beginners/

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

Posted : 16/07/2008 9:24 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Minotaur, try this link for the whole list of easy songs:

https://www.guitarnoise.com/tag/easy-songs-for-beginners/

It seems that some links doesn't work.

Posted : 16/07/2008 9:36 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Yepper

#4491....

Posted : 16/07/2008 9:51 pm
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

OK, thanks. That does look different than the regular easy lessons page. That crazy internet! :lol:

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

Posted : 16/07/2008 9:52 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

me too too.

Like Jeff, I'm in the bug (software) biz and thought something may be going on so I didn't fret at all. (pun intended)

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 17/07/2008 12:28 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

We did have some kind of software "feature" happening yesterday. It seems to be back to normal now.

Posted : 17/07/2008 1:16 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

We did have some kind of software "feature" happening yesterday. It seems to be back to normal now.
or "nonFeature" . . .

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 17/07/2008 1:19 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

I was having problems yesterday as well. Everything appears to be back to normal now, though. :)
Not that I am accusing anyone here of being normal.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 17/07/2008 1:27 pm
(@davidhodge)

...Not that I am accusing anyone here of being normal.

That's far from an accusation. And certainly not insulting. I take great pride in being the sanest, most normal person on the planet. Seriously.

Peace

Posted : 17/07/2008 1:39 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

...Not that I am accusing anyone here of being normal.

That's far from an accusation. And certainly not insulting. I take great pride in being the sanest, most normal person on the planet. Seriously.

Peace

Well let's face it David, you haven't really got a lot of competition have you - 'specially not round these parts......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 17/07/2008 3:13 pm
Page 1 / 2