Clear all

Anyone Having Problems With PM?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I just got a PM from someone, whom I thought we got along just fine. Seems that he's been getting PMs from me and notifications of them being deleted, or something like that. I did send him a PM once, and it remained unanswered for quite some time. The question I had on the PM was answered weeks later in a more public manner by someone else, so I deleted that message. Now, a couple weeks later, I get a really nasty PM from him accusing me of spamming. Along with the "spamming" is the wording of being consistantly told that it was deleted by me....as if getting many notifications.

Well, I've rambled. Hope no one else is having problems.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 18/07/2008 12:50 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Well, it could be operater error. Imagine that! Seems a long time member has a username that's the same as a newbie from December. However, the long time user uses a space and two additional letters in his. Hence, when doing a name search, you gotta include the other two letters to get the right one. Well, I think that's what's going on. Drugs are bad, mkay?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 18/07/2008 12:58 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

I've not had any issues. But I rarely send PMs. I did respond to the one you last sent me. DId you get it?

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 18/07/2008 5:02 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I'm sure I got it. I think it might be someone out there with a very similar username as a frequent user just trying to jerk my chain.

Roy

Posted : 18/07/2008 5:08 pm
(@davidhodge)

Send copies to Nick. He'll handle it.

Peace

Posted : 18/07/2008 5:23 pm