Clear all

Booked our first gig

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Our band has been debating whether we are ready for a gig or not. I've been on the "let's go ahead and get it out of the way" side. We've found the perfect situation to have our first gig, but not have a lot of pressure. Our singer knows a bunch of local bands in our genre and he has come through for us. The bass player in a popular local band is having a birthday party next Saturday. We are one of 4 bands that are going to play. We have 8 originals and 2 covers, although 1 of the originals may not make it cause we just wrote it last week. If we can get it down at practice Tuesday, we'll play it.

Check out our page for some recordings from last week's practice.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 03/05/2009 5:20 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck. 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 03/05/2009 5:58 pm
(@davidhodge)

Very cool - you couldn't ask for a better first gig scenario. Have fun and be sure to report back.

Peace

Posted : 03/05/2009 7:38 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Woo Hoo! I hope all goes well. :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 04/05/2009 2:19 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Good luck to you! Hope everything goes well!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 05/05/2009 2:52 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Cool! Break a leg!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 06/05/2009 3:28 am