Buyer Beware

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I don't know where to put this so if it's not where it should be please move to your satisfaction.

I am an impulsive buyer and got myself into one today. I'm kinda like Mikespe and go off easy. :wink: :wink:

I have been looking around for a specific guitar and have always bought everything on line from MF. Don't wince, I've had great luck with everything.

While shopping for this particular guitar I could only find it at Music123 at this time. Everyone else's delivery date kept moving one day ahead of the current calendar day every day and now most say end of month. Who knows when that'll really be. :roll:

I didn't quite read all the fine print buried 5 pages deep on the Music123 site and some other information they offer is very vague. However, be sure to read the fine print under FAQ about returns. This is new to me but I'm responsible for shipping costs both ways should I return something I'm not happy with. NEVER HAD THAT WITH MF.

So I order this guitar and spend the extra $40 for next day afternoon shipping. NP, I can take the afternoon off from work and be there when it shows. I placed the order before noon (like an hour and a half) and received order verification that it was being shipped within 5 minutes of placing the order. Alright, it's coming.

So today I'm still not seeing a tracking number on the order. I call back in and after waiting on the phone for 20 minutes I get a lady to help me. I explain my situation and she explains that the tracking number will show up in the morning when the shippers hub has scanned it out. I say that by that time the delivery will be late as it's supposed to be here today.

She runs off to get more info and comes back to tell me that payment wasn't received before noon so it didn't go out yesterday. Here's me --> :shock: :x :evil:

I sort of go balistic as well as OMG this isn't good,...etc. blah, blah, blah. She goes to a supervisor who says tough Sh*t the payment...blah, blah, blah. I said might as well give me an RA as I'm not happy! She goes back to sup and gets $10 discount on shipping. I say, "Barbara, that is a slap in the face. Let me speak to the sup." Sup answer, and I give her the crybaby story and she says 15 off or you pay shipping and cancel order.

Since I didn't read in advance that I'm responsible for shipping both ways, I thought it best to bite tongue hard while in cheek so as to not be able to express true feelings. I'll take my 15 off and tell you all how much fun the experience was. :D

Plus she was rude and crude and knew she had me. :x :x :x :D

OK, so I'm laughing now. I'll stick with MF from now on. Lesson learned.

BTW, Rahul. Music123 ships world wide. Be careful about next day shipping. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 20/12/2005 7:54 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Did they at least credit you for the $40 next day shipping? That's what would have gotten my panties in a bunch. Paying extra for something you aren't getting.

Anyway, sorry to hear about the experience. I've read a lot of bad shipping reviews regarding Music123. I've never used them since MF has always been good to me.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 20/12/2005 9:28 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

That stinks.

I have always been lucky with Music123 AND MusiciansFriend. I just got an amp from Music123 and it arrived a day early but I had not done rush shipping, just took the free shipping.

I know you have to pay return shipping but are they now saying you have to pay the original shipping if you got free shipping initially? If so that's new.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 20/12/2005 9:33 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I have a friend who ordered a whole drum set for her son for Christmas from Music123. I believe she went with the free shipping. Anyways, drum set arrives, she unpacks it, comes to find out the bass drum pedal is broken. Calls Music123, they say "No problen, just repack the whole drum set, pay to ship it back to us, we'll send you a new drum set, but you have to pay for the shipping on that too". :shock: She took the bass drum pedal to a local music store, and brought a new one, which was cheaper then the shipping costs she would have had to pay, & she has it before Christmas. :roll:

I've ordered from MF & AMS with no problems from either. Music123's return shipping policy stinks though, and that would prevent me from ordering from them. And, sounds like according to Bish, their customer service & attitude towards their customers stinks too! I can take my $ elsewhere thank you very much. :wink:

Oh yeah, a local classic rock radio station was doing a mobile broadcast from the music store that my friend went to to buy the bass drum pedal, and she told her story to them & they played it on the air! Too bad they couldn't say Music123's name though. Had to say "an online music store". Well, it was MUSIC123!!! :lol:

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 21/12/2005 11:56 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Did they at least credit you for the $40 next day shipping? That's what would have gotten my panties in a bunch. Paying extra for something you aren't getting.

Anyway, sorry to hear about the experience. I've read a lot of bad shipping reviews regarding Music123. I've never used them since MF has always been good to me.

Jason

That's what did get me uptight. I felt that their website was misleading, incomplete in it's description of next day delivery and that's what I was complaining about. No they did not refund the $40, just $15. They started out offering $10 off and then upped it to a $15 discount. So it only cost $25 to ship (technically) 2-day now. Anyway it'll be here today and I'll be jamming tonight. :D

If that guitar has one single flaw or a hair on it or even a knob out of adjustment, it'll go back in a heartbeat. (Unless I really like it) :D

So anyhow, moral and reason I posted in the first place....READ before you buy. I didn't and it bit back. But all in all I'm okay. Sometimes these little lessons in life are good for the soul. Yah! Right. :roll:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 21/12/2005 12:42 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

sorry to hear of your bad experiance. a good lesson for the un-initiated (always read the fine print!)
i'm very lucky to live near the KC MF warehouse.
altho their shipping policys are reported to be good i still prefer seeing and playing before i buy.
the only experiance i've had shipping a guitar was from Annies' Guitars in Savannah. (Allman Bros cousin)
they were very professional and i would do buisness with them again.

#4491....

Posted : 21/12/2005 12:54 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

BTW, Rahul. Music123 ships world wide. Be careful about next day shipping. :wink:

i think you have got wrong on this.no usa products are allowed to be shipped out of usa and canada and us occupied territories....

still if what you say is true THEN my shipping costs will probably be SOOO much that it might just be almost around 100 $ minimum and that's oh totally unacceptable..then if i am not satisfied don't even think about returning :shock:

soo...i am kinda have to visit the bharat music house here.guys who have gone there say its got pretty much lots of stuff and also the pawn and crazy stolen types :twisted:

i am getting very sure about the aria stg 003 lh , but of course i will try it out before doing any buying and i want the discounts , really i do want them.... 8) (consider the digitech rp 50 processor i get here for 110 $ whereas you silly americans hell :x :cry: :lol: get it for only 64 $ inc shipping.that hurts omg it really does :? )

Ok , i know if your feeling sympathetic go wipe off your tears (and if your not DAMN YOU SUCK :lol: :evil: )

Rahul

Posted : 21/12/2005 1:54 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

(consider the digitech rp 50 processor i get here for 110 $ whereas you silly americans hell :x :cry: :lol: get it for only 64 $ inc shipping.that hurts omg it really does :? )

Its the price you pay for being a lessor human being Rahul. :D WHOA WHOA WHOA.. Its only satire. I'm only being humorous..

Seriously though, I do feel for ya.

I dont think, given this post, that I will order anything from MUSIC123. But I would still order from MF except that there is a Guitar Center in my town and they offer same products for the same price.

But I prefer to pay a little more and get it from a little mom and pop shop.

Regards
Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 21/12/2005 2:00 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

(consider the digitech rp 50 processor i get here for 110 $ whereas you silly americans hell :x :cry: :lol: get it for only 64 $ inc shipping.that hurts omg it really does :? )

Its the price you pay for being a lessor human being Rahul. :D WHOA WHOA WHOA.. Geoo

I sometimes feel like lessor ..... :oops: i am only 5'6 and half in height .... :roll:

Rahul

Posted : 21/12/2005 3:26 pm
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member

But I prefer to pay a little more and get it from a little mom and pop shop.

I agree with that except that I have found the price difference to be huge. Although I don't buy from either music123 or MF because I am afraid of the duties to canada. I did buy a used guitar from florida, but it was originally manufactured in Victoria BC, so I didn't pay duty.

Any Canadians order from those stores?

A Gibson Southern jumbo goes for 3300 Cdn at a local shop and I have seen it online for 1850 US (about 2200 Cdn or so). I thought about it but I would be afraid to eat my supper in case its poisoned.

Cheers,

Max

Posted : 21/12/2005 3:30 pm