Clear all

Concert for George (Harrison) PBS 3/3/04

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@jimdunk)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I just found out my local PBS is going to broadcast the "Concert for George" film tonight (Wed. Mar 3). I've heard lots of good stuff about the film, but have yet to see it. You might want to check your local PBS listings. Here's the blurb from my local (Milwaukee) station....

Great Performances "Concert for George"
The star-studded rock concert film, Concert for George, is the historic Royal Albert Hall tribute to George Harrison, organized by the late Beatle's wife, Olivia Harrison. This expanded 120-minute version of the recent theatrical release features additional songs not shown in the original film. Performance highlights include "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," featuring Eric Clapton on guitar, Paul McCartney on piano, and Ringo Starr on drums; and "Taxman," performed by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

Jim

Jim

Make Guitar Music

Posted : 03/03/2004 7:41 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Man! I wish I had read this yesterday! I'll have to check to see if my local, (Janesville, "out in the sticks from Milwaukee"!), PBS station aired it last night also. Hope they play it again if I missed it. I love George Harrison! He was the coolest Beatle.  8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 04/03/2004 2:40 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hi ; I have been a beatle fan for over 30 years, I was lucky enough to have seem the concert for george, it was really cool, paul and ringo showed up.His son looks alot like him. put him and john's older son in beatle suits ,they would look like their fathers..paul's son looks like linda..after seeing this, I got out a dvd . i got for x-mas of the beatles 1 st. conert in washington , d.c. . from 1964, I just kicked back and enjoyed. if you want the dvd, they will ( pbs ) will sell you one. just go to their site.. have a good nite..

Posted : 23/03/2004 4:14 am
(@Anonymous)

this was broadcast in england too. Great concert, brilliant version of "while my guitar" - I hate Clapton, he makes it all look so easy! When i'm playing i look as if i'm in agony - he looks as if he's wondering whether he turned the central heating off! Luv ya really Eric!!!

Posted : 09/04/2004 3:16 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I saw this concert last week on a satellite channel - there were some brilliant musicians there (and Monty Python, of course)

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 09/04/2004 4:24 pm