Notifications
Clear all

Daylight Savings Time

35 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
(@eirraca)
Estimable Member

Pick one and keep it that way, I don't care which one.

Posted : 07/03/2007 3:51 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Messes up my schedule but the gas companies lose an hour of price gouging. So it's kind of a wash.

Posted : 07/03/2007 6:04 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I've been saving it for ages - I've saved almost a week's worth. Can anyone tell me what to do with it?
I did think of ebay, but............. :lol:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 07/03/2007 6:17 am
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Let's see -- IT department says it automatically updated MS Office for DST 2007. Whoops, didn't work. Here's a link to the MS site to do it manually (assuming you have admin rights and haven't stolen your SW ...) Verizon sends me an SMS telling me to download the 2007 DST patch for my Treo -- but remember to back it up first. What are the chances that'll go without a hitch? Zero given my 20 months with this POS Treo. IT sends another email: If your last name starts with "N" leave your Blackberry on overnight on 7 March and the BB 2007 DST patch will magically download to your Pearl via radio wave technology. Uh, deja vu IT guys -- didn't work. Okay, then go to the BB website and use MS IE 5.5 or later to upgrade your Pearl over USB. Whoops, BB must load an active X component to to do this. Please turn off your download blocker to permit this component to load. Okay done. Plug in Pearl. No Joy, still trying to connect to PC. Web app can't find Pea ... oh wait there it is ... click "OK" to start down load. When complete, your BB will reboot itself taking up to 20 minutes to update. 20 minutes! Huh?. Dang, Unexpected Error. Try again. same thing. try again. same thing. try again. same THING! kill ... kill ... kill ... KILL

Hey look: IT just sent me a 2007 DST service satisfaction survey ...

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 07/03/2007 11:49 pm
(@odnt43)
Estimable Member

Up in Canada, we all go on DST except for one province...Saskatchewan.
But no one really notices what they do there... :wink:
For me...I don't care...never did when I was young...now I'm old I care even less .
As long as my wake-up clock still works before my go-pee clock, I don't care what actual time it is... :lol:

"A child of five could understand this...send someone to fetch a child of five !"--Groucho Marx

Posted : 08/03/2007 1:45 pm
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

Oh great. Now Ringo (pictured at left) will need to go out for his morning "business" at 6:30 am.

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

Posted : 08/03/2007 6:04 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That's OK. He won't mind.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 08/03/2007 8:35 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Greg, do you have a Blackberry?

I just ran the utility on all the ones in my office and it wasn't a problem at all.

If you need help let me know.

We are finallizing our updates throughout the network tomorrow or I get to work this weekend...ummmmm no!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 08/03/2007 10:09 pm
(@petandro)
Eminent Member

Yes, we down here in NZ are rapidly coming to the end of daylight savings time, the days are already feeling much shorter, it gets dark a lot earlier these days. Which is a real shame as we are having such nice weather at the moment that to lose an hour of daylight is going to be a real bummer.
Every year here around this time there seems to be talk of daylight savings time being extended, as Feb/Mar tend to be the months when we have the most settled weather, but nothing ever gets done about it :(

Also our government has been talking about getting rid of normal light bulbs in favour of energy saving ones, just like our good friends over in Australia :wink:

Posted : 09/03/2007 12:07 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Hey fine folks, I'm Ron. for years I've been playing tube amps until the horrible truth hit me: those tubes use so much energy that people all over the world are dying just so I can play guitar. That's why I'm so glad I found Line6: their digital amp modeling allows me to continue to play the guitar without feeling the guilt! Are you looking for a clean conscience? Are you fed up with the shame and humiliation of being a tube guitarist? Then order the Line6 POD right now! Line6: help yourself, help the world.

Posted : 09/03/2007 12:25 am
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Lived in Indiana until last year, the first year that state adopted daylight savings. We always used to joke that Indiana would never go on daylight saving time because it confused the cows.

Hey! Wait? What were we talking about? I'm so confused ...

:P

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 09/03/2007 2:18 am
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Greg, do you have a Blackberry?

I just ran the utility on all the ones in my office and it wasn't a problem at all.

If you need help let me know.

We are finallizing our updates throughout the network tomorrow or I get to work this weekend...ummmmm no!

Thanks, Bish. Took care of it myself.

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 09/03/2007 3:09 am
(@nirvgas)
Estimable Member

Hey fine folks, I'm Ron. for years I've been playing tube amps until the horrible truth hit me: those tubes use so much energy that people all over the world are dying just so I can play guitar. That's why I'm so glad I found Line6: their digital amp modeling allows me to continue to play the guitar without feeling the guilt! Are you looking for a clean conscience? Are you fed up with the shame and humiliation of being a tube guitarist? Then order the Line6 POD right now! Line6: help yourself, help the world.

That's a fine advertisement for line 6 Ron. Have you considered a marketing job with Line 6? :lol:

Life is my friend
Rake it up to take it in
Wrap me in your cinnamon
Especially in Michigan
...well I could be your friend- RHCP

Posted : 09/03/2007 3:56 am
(@eirraca)
Estimable Member

I lol'd. :lol:

Posted : 09/03/2007 3:43 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Oh great. Now Ringo (pictured at left) will need to go out for his morning "business" at 6:30 am.
"My dog's smarter than your dog..my dog's smarter than yours..." My dog knows that the clocks are moving ahead, and she's been getting me up at 5:30 instead of 6:30 all week, in hopes of getting breakfast earlier. :evil:

She's darn lucky she's so cute, or I'd have killed her long ago.....

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 09/03/2007 6:48 pm
Page 2 / 3