dhodge and rparker: Musically insane

10 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hey guys, did you see the number of posts of David and Roy? They are musically insane!

Well, David, thank you very much for all those 5002 posts. I have learned a lot by reading them (and also the articles in the main site, in the magazines, the books, the newsletters, and so on). I have learned a lot of music and music theory but I have also learned many other things. Thanks again.

Roy, I have enjoyed with almost all of those 5000 posts, with your comments, recordings and experiments. Did you finish that prototype of slide guitar? And I am very happy for you because I don't read those posts about your health (certainly your best post was when you announced you were fine!). Thank you, too.

Posted : 18/11/2011 2:19 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Amazing! Congrats and thanks to you both.
You help make this forum a great place. 8) 8)
:D :D

Don

Posted : 18/11/2011 6:24 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

That's alot of posts! :shock: I think I have read a good portion of them.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 18/11/2011 7:04 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

That's pretty nifty, neat and sweet too. :lol: Thanks guys. Go David! Go Roy! :mrgreen:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 18/11/2011 8:37 pm
(@imalone)
Reputable Member

Funny, I was thinking yesterday that I should probably post a thankyou to David and GN for all the resources on this site. I started playing a bit over a year ago now and most of what I know has come from here and the Idiot's Guide. So a big thankyou to GuitarNoise and David for all the great lessons and articles and to everyone musically sane or insane who has posted advice on here.

Now I just need to get into the habit of recording myself more so I can post something for you good people to be astonished by (warning: astonished can be good or bad).

Posted : 19/11/2011 9:21 am
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I had a feeling......congrats and thanks for the great pots.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 19/11/2011 2:34 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Thanks guys. Thanks for noticing that, Nuno. I didn't know the milestone was coming up.

I would like to jump on that big thanks to David boat. He should have his own adulation thread, but probably would be the first person to rather not have one. I've paid for and won a few of your publications, and the "Horse With No Name" lesson probably catapulted me into my style of guitar playing. I've been there ever since. So, thanks for that lesson, all the books, articles, explainations and general good spirit in which we all feel when we read whatever it is that you've written.

A special note to all at GN-land, this site, the forum and my fellow GN'ers especially. This "place" has been a nice constant for me during my head thing that's been going on for over 4 years now. I appreciate everyone who has looked the other way when my corny or off color humor surfaces. Thanks for putting up with me when I started rambling in ways hard to understand. More importantly, thanks for the e-friendships. They're more valuable to some than others might imagine.

We've had a lot of interesting chats on topics wide ranging as can be for a music/guitar only forum. I joined back in December of 2003 at a time when I rode motorcycle, played golf, worked long and hard hours, played for-real Senior League baseball and cooked almost every night. I guess you could say I was very active. Four years later, all's I had left for hobbies and interests is cook on good nights, continue to learn (and forget) this guitar and music thing and to get/stay involved here in the forum. It's value as a social outlet to me is something that I hope you will never have to imagine first-hand.

We all know how valuable this forum is for budding guitarists in general. A big thanks goes out to Paul, Nick, David (again) and whoever else I'm missing or don't know about who are responsible for it's existence. Couldn't and probably wouldn't have done it without you all.

To all, the best. Have a great holiday season and a better year next year. :D :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 19/11/2011 4:47 pm
(@1armbandit)
Estimable Member

Insane? Sounds about right!

Congrats guys.

Jack

Posted : 19/11/2011 8:01 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Congrats, guys!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 21/11/2011 2:21 pm
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Congratulations Roy and David.

Thanks for a great many entertaining and informative posts and some great chats.

Here's to the next 5,000 :)

Chris

Posted : 22/11/2011 12:39 pm