Clear all

Down South? (U.S.)

130 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
38.8 K Views
(@olive)
Estimable Member

If I recall correctly if you buy Twisty a bottle of this he will wear a dress.

A dress, a pink cowboy hat, and a pink, estrogen symbol guitar....this might be worth the plane ticket.

"My ex-boyfriend can't tell me I've sold out, because he's in a cult, and he's not allowed to talk to me." --Dar Williams

Posted : 18/12/2004 2:43 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

And leopard skin yeti boots?

Ummm sounds familiar......Didn't know Sexy Paul was coming too.
If I recall correctly if you buy Twisty a bottle of this he will wear a dress

And he will get in your pants for free!!!! :lol:

Apart from that it really will be worth a plane ticket to anybody to witness events that will unfold...........

Posted : 18/12/2004 8:38 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

And now.....

Who would want to have a half day, or full day lesson thrown into the mix?

If we get a few people (approx. 15) to sign up, we could probably get the cost down under $50 and the Maestro himself, David H. would join us.

IM me with what you think you can afford and whether or not you'd like half or full day.

Posted : 18/12/2004 12:16 pm
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

If we get a few people (approx. 15) to sign up, we could probably get the cost down under $50 and the Maestro himself, David H. would join us.

IM me with what you think you can afford and whether or not you'd like half or full day.

I'd be up for it if David comes to do a lesson. I'm fairly flexible on the duration; if the cost os aroound 50 that's fine; even if it was a little more I could swing it. Let's see how much other interest there is.

And, EB, since you love boudin so much, I'll stop at Hollier's Kitchen on the way and get some. Do you like mild or spicy?

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

Posted : 19/12/2004 4:09 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

And, EB, since you love boudin so much, I'll stop at Hollier's Kitchen on the way and get some. Do you like mild or spicy?

:D I'm a spicy kind of girl!!!!! :wink:

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 19/12/2004 10:15 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Oh and stop cracking on to my boyfriend........phone numbers indeed! :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL! But YOU'VE got my phone numbers, too! And, so does Twisty and Vic! (Hmmmmm..... Does that make me an internet slut??????? Oh, well! :D ) LOL! Anyway..... it was business...... yeah, that's a good one........ business. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :wink:

(And besides, I think I'm probably old enough to be Andrew's m-m-m-m-.... younger aunt!!!!! LOL!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 19/12/2004 10:20 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Apart from that it really will be worth a plane ticket to anybody to witness events that will unfold....

That's for darn sure!!! :lol: If these people had any idea of HALF the things we've got planned for the party the whole of GN might show up!!!!! If we actually pull this off it WILL be the GN party to beat ALL GN parties, past, present and future!!!!!!!

(We do things BIG in Texas!!!) :wink:

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 19/12/2004 10:32 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Oh and stop cracking on to my boyfriend........phone numbers indeed! :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL! But YOU'VE got my phone numbers, too! And, so does Twisty and Vic! (Hmmmmm..... Does that make me an internet slut??????? Oh, well! :D ) LOL! Anyway..... it was business...... yeah, that's a good one........ business. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :wink:

(And besides, I think I'm probably old enough to be Andrew's m-m-m-m-.... younger aunt!!!!! LOL!

LMAO!!.............Business - Oooook then.

Apart from that it really will be worth a plane ticket to anybody to witness events that will unfold....

That's for darn sure!!! If these people had any idea of HALF the things we've got planned for the party the whole of GN might show up!!!!! If we actually pull this off it WILL be the GN party to beat ALL GN parties, past, present and future!!!!!!!

(We do things BIG in Texas!!!)

Hell Yeah!! I'm laughing just thinking about those things, god help me when they happen.

Posted : 20/12/2004 3:07 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

The $50 per head sounds good to me......count me in!!!!

Er - what's "boudin?"

:D :D :D

Vic

(Yes, I'm still alive!!!! Which is more than I can say for my computer...... er expensive paperweight.....)

Is this going to go on the "Vic Sightings" thread?

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 21/12/2004 7:32 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Boudin Blanc (or "white boudin") is Cajun sausage stuffed with a spicy pork sausage and rice.... there's also another Boudin - Boudin Rouge (red boudin) which is a blood sausage but it has to be very fresh and it's getting harder and harder to find! But Boudin Blanc is absolutely WONDERFUL!!! There is something in France that they call Boudin Blanc but it's got no connection whatsoever to Cajun Boudin Blanc!

Oh! And, it's pronounced "Boo-dan" :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 22/12/2004 2:29 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

So we have three for the seminar....

Let me know people...

Posted : 22/12/2004 2:42 am
(@marvelousoptimist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Elecktra was going to put a sign up sheet up after the holiday.

-marv

Andrew Delaney & The Horse You Rode In On ---> http://www.myspace.com/andrewdelaney

You can and should buy my album "Scoundrels!" in mp3 format on amazon.com or iTunes etc...

Posted : 22/12/2004 3:53 am
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

Boudin Blanc (or "white boudin") is Cajun sausage stuffed with a spicy pork sausage and rice.... there's also another Boudin - Boudin Rouge (red boudin) which is a blood sausage but it has to be very fresh and it's getting harder and harder to find! But Boudin Blanc is absolutely WONDERFUL!!! There is something in France that they call Boudin Blanc but it's got no connection whatsoever to Cajun Boudin Blanc!

Oh! And, it's pronounced "Boo-dan" :D

I was told by someone last night (and he happens to be a bona fide coon ass (thta's another name for a cajun for those who don't know) that the red boudin is actually illegal to sell, I guess since you gotta be real careful about it, as EB says. So I was referring to the white variety- and it is delicious, one taste and you're hooked!

Merry Christmas to all!

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

Posted : 23/12/2004 6:25 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Everybody keep planning on the 19th of Feb........... I'm leaving for AZ tonight, the funeral is tomorrow afternoon so I should be back by Sunday. We have to make this the party to end all parties, not only for GN, but for my cousin, as well! I'm looking forward to meeting all of you in person next month!!!!!!!!!!!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 14/01/2005 3:11 pm
(@baldwin)
Trusted Member

Hey all,

I'm close to Dallas and am interested in joining you guys. I would also be interested in attending the seminar. I'm a total newbie, only been torturing my finger tips for about 3 weeks now.

So, put me on the list.

-Jim Baldwin

Posted : 16/01/2006 6:33 pm
Page 8 / 9