Clear all

Father and son guitar recital

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@boogie)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

About a month ago, my son and I performed in our first recital. We performed an instrumental version of Warning by Green Day. We got the DVD of our performance, got it ripped and I uploaded to YouTube.com. I think we did pretty well for having taken lessons for about four months. My son said he was bored but I think he was nervous (as was I).

The video is about 4 minutes. Sound and video quality is not great, but it will do. I hope you can last through the whole thing. :oops:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jS0qso78EOk

--Scott

Posted : 10/03/2006 2:39 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Nice job Scott & son! 8)

You guys did real good for the little time you'd been playing. Nice timing with each other too. Keep it up both of you.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 10/03/2006 3:07 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Wow.. That was awsome!! I cant believe its only been 4 months. But I can understand why he says he was bored. LOL He played that one lick about 400 times. But you guys did terrific.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 10/03/2006 12:49 pm
(@boogie)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

geoo & dntalb,

Thanks for the kind remarks. My son says he wants to go solo for the next recital so I guess the band is breaking up. :D

--Scott

Posted : 10/03/2006 1:26 pm
(@pkrider)
Trusted Member

I made it! Thru the entire video that is... Very cool! Nice job! I'll be doing a recital with my son next month and a bluegrass festival (he's playing fiddle me on guitar), and last year we each performed seperately in a recital. Playing with my son brings me more joy than I could have ever imagined. Congratulations and keep at it. Both of you have talent 8)

PK

Posted : 04/04/2006 4:43 am