Clear all

Getin the band started

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@steveobouttorock)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Me and some friends have finally gotten a band together. We already had our first practice yesterday but it basically went nowhere cuz we were playing random things and it didnt really work, I dont want that to happen again so i just wanted some ideas on how to get things rolling

-thanx

be good at what you can do-

Posted : 31/07/2004 3:21 am
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Practice with a plan. Know what songs you're going to work on... play through the first one and figure out the rough spots - then work on them. Keep playing those sections over until you get them right, then do the whole tune again. Then go on to the next one.

As you get a playlist together, figure out a series of songs to perform as a set, and rehearse it that way. Then go on to the next set.

It can be tedious... but you'll get your tunes down a lot faster than just jamming to them.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 31/07/2004 3:30 am
(@duffgurl2004)
Eminent Member

Me and some friends have finally gotten a band together. We already had our first practice yesterday but it basically went nowhere cuz we were playing random things and it didnt really work, I dont want that to happen again so i just wanted some ideas on how to get things rolling

how about strARTING ON ONE SONG? -thanx

-MIRANDA BROOKS-

Posted : 24/01/2005 11:27 pm