Gig Alert - The Further

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thought I'd give a quick update. We have our next show this Saturday the 21st. This one is inside finally. the last two were outside and it was 90+ both days. Didn't really enjoy slippin and slidin all over the place.

Anyway this should be interesting we haven't practiced as a band since our last show June 24th so it will almost be a month. All this becuase the drummer is now on the road for 3 weeks at a time with his new job. Needless to say this isn't going to work out in the long run and he'll be back out a day or two after this one too.

So we made a decision to start looking for a drummer. We haven't told the current one yet although it had come up a couple weeks ago. We plan on playing this show with him and then hopefully try and get another one.

Speaking of which, where is TR. I put an add in Craigslist Thursday night and by Saturday morning I had 15 drummers reply to the ad. we have one coming over tonight to auditiona nd one on wednesday then we will take it from there.

Kind of sux we have to replace the drummer but we really don't see how it will work with him never around.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 16/07/2012 11:26 am
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Good luck on finding a new drummer. Surely, your current one will understand. There's just no way you can be gone almost a month at a time and be a regular in a band.

Hope you have a great gig Saturday! Let us know how it goes.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 16/07/2012 1:11 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Speaking of which, where is TR. I put an add in Craigslist Thursday night and by Saturday morning I had 15 drummers reply to the ad. we have one coming over tonight to auditiona nd one on wednesday then we will take it from there.
We got less than 10 adds currently on Craig's List (and that covers a 60 mile radius) and 2 of them are looking for a drummer. One wants a guitarist .... to play new and old country and another is starting a death metal band. When the time is right, I will place an ad but at the moment there are a few variables in life to deal with. One being my son who will be doing work and school both full time. My situation .... well that is on a need to know basis. :lol: There ought to be a good one in that bunch of applicants Chris!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 16/07/2012 1:40 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter

You would think TR but you never know. Somehow I have a feeling I'll be posting about the drama when the current drummer finds out what's up!

Quick update:

Had our first drummer come in and audition last night. I guess I have to remember not to beleive everything I read. This guy tells us he's been playing all his life has been in bands etc.

When he gets to the house he tells me it's been awhile since he's played and this was the first time he ever answered a Craigslist add. I also had sent him our songs and asked him to be ready to play Day of the eagle and any other 4-5 he wanted.

Well he didn't spend anytime working on any of the songs but to I think all of our surprise was a good drummer. We banged out about 10 songs with him and all were pretty dam good for not having played.

But from what he told us (and I'm not sure why he even bothered to come) he's not going to have time for practice once a week and shows every other week or so, so he is probably not on the short list alhough he hasn't been ruled out since we have about 10 others to audition.

Posted : 16/07/2012 2:14 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I imagine the on the road drummer should full well understand the situation. I've been wrong before, though. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 18/07/2012 1:29 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Roy yes I'm sure he'll understand but that won't stop the drama I suspect.

Posted : 18/07/2012 11:05 am