Clear all

Gig canceled last night

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

We were supposed to play a gig last night, but we had to cancel because of flooding. Our drummer and guitarist would have had to drive through the area in the video below. I've lived in Nashville my entire life and I don't remember ever seeing anything like this. The news is saying something like this happened in 1975, so I was only 3 then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEzVeqQyPX0

My house is okay, we just have a pond in the back yard. My town in shut down completely, all roads in and out are blocked. My son had his prom last night and spent the night at a friend's house. I had to drive to him and get him to follow me home so he could find a passable way home.

Good news was yesterday before the flooding started, my son and I went and auditioned for an indie-pop band and it went pretty well. The guy putting it together plays piano and sings and he has 2 guitarists already. I played bass and Alec played drums and sang backup. Hopefully, he liked us enough to bring us on board.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 02/05/2010 4:59 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

hope every one is safe and sound and the gear is high and dry. there must be one of the highest concentrations of guitars and amps in Nashville than any place else on the planet I bet.
the flooding was on national news. unfortunately there is more to come.
y'all got a lotta sinnners down there?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 02/05/2010 11:45 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

That's one thing that was kind of funny. I play in a horror punk band. We sing about monsters, murder, drinking blood, etc. It's all in a tongue in cheek, funny kind of way. The show we booked was with an out of town punk band and somehow the venue added 2 Christian rock acts on the bill with us. I told the rest of the guys that God must not have wanted us to corrupt his followers.

Posted : 02/05/2010 11:55 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Dang Man! That's rough. Thunderstorms causing all that, or were they just the final straw?

We get that front tomorrow. I hope it tames some. It's July here. I think we broke the record by 3 or 4 degrees.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 02/05/2010 11:59 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Dang Man! That's rough. Thunderstorms causing all that, or were they just the final straw?

We get that front tomorrow. I hope it tames some. It's July here. I think we broke the record by 3 or 4 degrees.

Hope it calms some before it hits you. It rained from sometime Friday night until this afternoon. There's still some light rain falling. They are saying we had 13-15" of rain since Saturday morning.

Posted : 03/05/2010 12:06 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Raleigh can handle some rain. We've done 10+ inches in a few hours as Fran kicked our fat butts in 1996. The the areas East of us.....that's something different. They get floods almost every hurricane that gets near us. Sad stuff. Weather can be so mean, and spares no one it doesn't want to spare. :(

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 03/05/2010 12:29 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

That's one thing that was kind of funny. I play in a horror punk band. We sing about monsters, murder, drinking blood, etc. It's all in a tongue in cheek, funny kind of way. The show we booked was with an out of town punk band and somehow the venue added 2 Christian rock acts on the bill with us. I told the rest of the guys that God must not have wanted us to corrupt his followers.

Karma, man, karma.
:twisted:

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 03/05/2010 2:30 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Karma, man, karma.
:twisted:
Or, he could have been protecting him from his followers. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

Roy

Posted : 03/05/2010 5:18 pm