Clear all

Gig report 8/11/06

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

My Band "Praise & Glory" where invited to play at the Ivor Methodist Church last night.
Set List: Sacrifice of Praise, Angel Band, The Next Time He Comes, Two Hands, Your Christian Way of Life, God Gave Noah the Rainbow Sign, The Old Account Was Settled Long Ago, Sweep Over My Soul, Jesus Is the Sweetest Name I Know. We ended with a Medley of praise songs. Things went very well with one small problem. Our other guitarist got a little confused, I think because he was standing right next the amp and wasn't used to hearing his guitar in that fashion. It didn't cause enough of a problem that anyone else noticed. After the service the churches music director told me they had an opening once a month for the rest of the year and they'd like us to fill that slot. I'm excited that all our hard work is paying off and that our music ministry is expanding. Now we're doing about 5 to 7 gigs a month, this is great. :D :D :D

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

Posted : 11/08/2006 9:25 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Tim

Thanks for the report. 5-7 gigs a month sounds great, nothing like performing live. :wink:

What kind of PA setup are you using?

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 11/08/2006 9:50 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

That's a LOT of gigs! Glad you got picked up for this gig for the remainder of the year. Nice to have stability.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 12/08/2006 12:24 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Congrats on getting the frequent gigs Tim! Is this part of a regular evening worship service, or some sort of special monthly event that they do?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 12/08/2006 1:31 am
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Congrats on getting the frequent gigs Tim! Is this part of a regular evening worship service, or some sort of special monthly event that they do?

It's a regular weekly service they just started this year. They've got a house rock band that plays most of the time. They invite other groups every month for a change of pace.

Tim Madsen

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

Posted : 12/08/2006 1:41 am
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Tim

Thanks for the report. 5-7 gigs a month sounds great, nothing like performing live. :wink:

What kind of PA setup are you using?

We don't have a PA, most of the places we play are small. We run all our mics and guitars through a 8 channel Yamaha mixer into my 60 watt Crate acoustic amp. We like to keep it simple and easy to move. Takes us 5 minutes to set up and the same to take down. :D

Tim Madsen

Posted : 12/08/2006 1:53 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Tim, that sounds awesome.

Congratulations!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 24/08/2006 5:39 am