Clear all

Gig Report - GTA @ Chicago Blue 5/28/10

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

A quick gig report...this past Friday night I played with Grand Theft Audio at Chicago Blu in Frankfort IL. I was expecting a thinner than average crowd due to it being the Memorial Day weekend but we had between 45-60 people which wasn't too bad considering. We had great weather and there were people hanging outside in the beer garden, just a great night overall. We loaded in and the stage was again pretty small. My friend from my new band SLIGHTLY OFFENSIVE volunteered to do our sound for us adn he did a GREAT JOB. His sound system looks pretty intimidating at first, 3 speaker stacks on both sides (separate speakers for subs, mids, & highs). I just said just don't kill them with the volume level and everyone said we sounded great and the manager who booked us also said we sounded "AMAZING" after we finished that night and she "loved everything we played"...VERY COOL !!! I know the girls sitting near us were getting into it but most of the crowd was hanging out near the bar, TV's & video games so I couldn't really gauge how we were doing. I'm sure I'll be playing here again with the new band soon.

Only 2 more shows left with GTA (Grand Theft Audio) 6/19 & 6/26.

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 02/06/2010 8:26 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Yes, 2 more shows till the end of an era. :cry: I always liked the band name. I'm sure you'll get work with the new band. 8)

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 03/06/2010 5:21 pm
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the reply Blue Jay. Yes the new band has been gigging for a year already and seems to be working steady so I have my fingers crossed. We have 2 nice gigs booked in July and I think 3 pending for August so I'm pretty stoked about that. GTA I think had problems right out of the gate because we were a "new" band. No one (bars/clubs) really paid much attention to us and only 2 bars listened to the demo we did which was again frustrating. Those 2 really liked the demo but 1 show that I booked got "cancelled due to a conflict". I think the "conflict" was with a booking agent that bumped us. Its really tough just starting out unless you or someone in your band has connections I'm finding.

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 03/06/2010 8:55 pm