Clear all

GIG REPORT - GTA Papa T’s in Burbank IL 5/21/10

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Last Friday (5/21/10) GTA (Grand Theft Audio) played at Papa T's in Burbank IL. I played here with another band (Ugoddwanna) back in April '09. It's a nice place to play decent size however the parking lot is too small for the place and before we even started they were sending cars to the Dollar Store parking lot 2 doors down. It also has a small stage in the corner and we put the drums, bass and 2 guitar players on the stage (1ft high) and the 2 female singers were on the floor.

Overall I thought we did well. What also helped us was that the Chicago Blackhawks won game 3 that night (we were told not to start until the game was over) so everyone was in a good mood when we started. A couple of songs that were “new” for us were a little rough. I got the feeling we confused the audience when we played songs with my guitar synth (Lady Gaga's “Poker Face”, Ke$ha's “Tik Tok”, Duffy's “Mercy”). Either that or some of the people just didn't like those songs but I know some girls in the crowd did. At the end of the night the owner asked for our CD at the end of the night and the sound guy was impressed with the range of songs we covered and how well we did them. Our booking agent's feedback on Sat was that “we did well” and wanted to book us in July. Unfortunately one of the female singers is quitting after our June 26th gig and we decided to just disband after that. It's just been too hard trying to book gigs, coordinate everyone's schedules and on top of that we'd have to find another singer who's voice doesn't “clash” with the other girl's voice.

I had a lot of friends in the audience on Friday night and one of them offered me a lead guitar position in his band and I accepted. So my first gig with his band will be June 12th and then I'll finish the last 2 GTA gigs at the end of June. The new band has 3 gigs coming up in July so I'll be staying busy through the summer playing with my friends :D !!!

My next gig is with GTA is THIS FRIDAY 5/28/10 at Chicago Blu in Frankfort IL. We play from 10pm-1:30am. So if your still in town and are looking for a great way to kick off a long holiday weekend come on out and start your party with us !!!

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 25/05/2010 5:57 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Congratulations on the new job! I hope your old pals don't miss you too much, and that everyone's friends. 8)

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 25/05/2010 6:22 pm