Clear all

GIG REPORT - GTA's Final Show @ Harry's Long Bar

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

This past Saturday night (6/26) Grand Theft Audio played our final show @ Harry's Long Bar (Blue Island). The singer who booked the show texted me Saturday afternoon and said we were to play from 9pm-2am??? What? We don't have THAT much material so she said we'd start at 9:30pm, play (3) sets with LONG breaks in between. Ok, I got there and set up and was ready to go at 9:30 and there was like 12 people in the bar so the owner said we should wait and start at 10pm (usual start time). We played 14 songs in the first set and took a break and people were slowly coming in and we took our first break. Now a mile away Blue Island was having their yearly summer festival so I wasn't surprised about the small crowd...but the festival must have ended at 11pm because between 11pm-12:30 people just kept coming in (100+ppl). We started back up again around 11:15 for another 14 song set and during the last couple of songs the crowd was REALLY singing along & dancing...I mean we REALLY had the crowd going. So when I was in the bathroom the bass & drummer were in there with me and I suggested to them that we grab something to drink and get back up there to keep the momentum going and they agreed!! There was another guy in the bathroom with us waiting to use the facilities and IT WAS THE OWNER (I didn't know that, I never met him) but he must have appreciated our efforts because he paid us twice as much as we originally agreed on :D

So we got right back up there and I saw a group of girls at one table on my left singing with their arms in the air and the hottest girl in the place was dancing in front of us singing Taylor Swift's “You Belong With Me” so I knew we were doing VERY WELL Sat night!!!

The bass player's girlfriend brought a cake and we just had a GREAT TIME playing our final together. This was REALLY the way go out on a high note :D

Going forward I'm playing lead guitar in 2 projects: “Slightly Offensive” and my friend with whom I used to play with in “Wildeye” (2006-2007) put together a band “The Boys & the Bombshell” so I'm playing in that one too. Both bands want to utilize my guitar/synth skills so this morning I was playing the piano lick to Journey's “Don't Stop Believing” with it and it just sounded AMAZING (just like the recording) so I'll be covering both the piano and guitar parts of that song. I REALLY like challenging myself to see what I can cover as a musician and sounds ect. Everyone was really watching me on Sat night when we were playing Lady Gaga, Key$ha, and Duffy trying to figure out if it was ACTUALLY me playing keyboards/synth on the guitar or just a backing track and I'm faking it. I always say...you'll know its REALLY me playing when occasionally I hit the wrong note :shock:

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 28/06/2010 8:33 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

sounds like a great time, and yeah, way to go out on such a high note!!!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 30/06/2010 8:59 am