Clear all

GN jam in NYC?

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hey, I was just interested in how the GN jam in New York turned out back on March 26th. Can't seem to even find the original thread. <weird> I wanted to come, but live too far away. Anyone that did go got any feedback?

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 05/04/2004 5:09 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Oops, sorry.  In the process of un-sticking the thread, we, er, deleted it.  David has a bit in the newsletter this week...

3 GN readers showed up, along with 7 Riverside Jammers, and we had a good time.  Several people had last minute conflicts, so it wasn't quite as "expansive" as we had hoped.

Remember that the Studio has Open Jams every Saturday night.  We'll be back.

-Laz

Posted : 05/04/2004 5:28 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

This is overdue: Thanks to Laz for arranging everything, plus add'l thanks to Laz, Laura and Dhodge for hosting.

It was fun to play and see everyone again, meet some new people and see what The Studio was like (interesting in a typically New Yorky way).

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 05/04/2004 8:18 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

You're kidding, only 3 GN readers showed up?! What up all you GN people in the NY area? Tisk, tisk tisk.  ::) I would have loved to have gone, but it's a far cry from lower Wisconsin.  :-/
Hey David, if you're ever back in the greater Chicago area, and want to put on a GN Jam in the Upper Illinois/Lower Wisconsin area, I'm sure all of us GN Mid-Westerners would love to show those East-Coasters how to put on a party!  ;) Just say the word.  8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 06/04/2004 11:56 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

youd never survive in the city buddy

hah..kidding..yeah, im hoping to catch it next time theres a jam in nyc...

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 07/04/2004 4:44 am
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Hey David, if you're ever back in the greater Chicago area, and want to put on a GN Jam in the Upper Illinois/Lower Wisconsin area, I'm sure all of us GN Mid-Westerners would love to show those East-Coasters how to put on a party!  ;) Just say the word.  8)

You were represented. I grew up in WI and did my uni time in IL.

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 07/04/2004 4:55 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

youd never survive in the city buddy

Well, I've never been to the great NYC, but I did grow up in two fairly big cities. Spent most of my childhood growing up in Chicago, moved to Detroit with the family for a few years, then back to Chicago before waking up & finding myself in Wisconsin. (I don't know, aliens must have abducted me!) So there, I have survived the city!  ;)

Posted : 07/04/2004 3:45 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

gnease, thanks for representing!  8)

Posted : 07/04/2004 3:52 pm
(@laoch)
Estimable Member

I was there and was also wondering where the original thread went.  It was a fun time although as a relative guitar newbie, I felt a little out of my league at times.  It was great to meet and jam with everyone; it's given me the inspiration to practice harder and improve my playing.
Thanks to David, Dan, Laura and everyone else who came out to play!

Ed (the other lefty)

"The details of my life are quite inconsequential." - Dr. Evil

Posted : 07/04/2004 5:28 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

I'm glad Ed and Pat and Erin had a good time.  Us Riverside Jammers have played together for a long time, in various incarnations, but we tried hard not to dominate.

I think the attendance was greatly affected by it being held on a Friday night.  If we had done it on Saturday, I think more folk would have shown up, but then we would have overwhelmed the Studio.  Catch-22.

Maybe the best thing would be for each of us/you to announce "Hey I'm going to the Studio next Saturday, who wants to join me?"

-Laz

Posted : 07/04/2004 6:11 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, Friday pretty much ruled me out, especially because I work 2nd shift, and my vacation days were used up. Next time NYC do it on a Saturday.  

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 07/04/2004 6:32 pm