11 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member
Topic starter

One and all...

Each year we street race Indy cars through The Gold Coast streets here in Australia. WELL worth the beer & pretzels to see this BEAUTIFUL town!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 20/10/2008 10:27 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I'd love to watch that!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 20/10/2008 10:56 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

They used to do that in Miami.
They'd close off the streets downtown and Vroooommm . . .
but no matter how fast they went, they always wound up where they started . . .
but they stopped racing . . . because it was considered a . . . Miami vice.

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 21/10/2008 4:11 am
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member
Topic starter

And...HEY!!!...our mayor had the foresight to inaugurate a "topless optional area" somewhere in the crowd!!!!

Cat

Posted : 21/10/2008 11:12 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

OK, you win.
I think Indy racing in 'Stralia is more interesting.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 21/10/2008 11:41 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member
Topic starter

HEY...I'm taking it for granted that the drivers were already told of the topless spectators. I mean...there are chain link fences up over the concrete barriers that can easily fit a pair of....well....you know what I mean! :lol:

Cat

Posted : 22/10/2008 4:12 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Topless spectators and testosterone-fuelled macho men driving fast cars? Not sure that one was properly thought out!

But OK, we've got the fast cars, and the loose women, now where's the rock'n'roll?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 22/10/2008 3:56 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hey! THAT's sexist!!! Women are also drivin' and either gender's (however defined or undefined that may be) welcome to go topless!!!!!! :x

It rained yesterday...now it's unseasonably cool for the start of spring...and the sun's out with maybe 15% obscurrred cloudcover. Real VFR weather: Very Fine Racing!

Seriously, The Gold Coast is tops. The camera shots will be confined to the city and won't show much of the nearby hinterland...which is your loss, I guess!

Cat

Posted : 22/10/2008 11:14 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hey! THAT's sexist!!!

No - just generalising, or stereotyping. No offence meant, but I bet 99% of the population think the same way. If a bloke goes topless, no one blinks an eye - if a woman goes topless, all the blokes get an eyeful! Unless there's an ordinance or by-law that specifically states that male persons must be clothed at all times, perhaps? THEN there'd be a reason for a gender-non-specific section for topless sunbathing.

True story for you - in 1976 the European Economic Community pointed out to the Irish Government that it had not yet implemented the agreed sex equality legislation. The Dublin Government immediately advertised for an equal pay enforcement officer. The advertisement offered different salary scales for men and women! (From "The Book Of Heroic Failures" by Stephen Pile.)

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 23/10/2008 1:23 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

The advertisement offered different salary scales for men and women!
What's your point, Vic?

Posted : 23/10/2008 1:54 am
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hey...wanna bet that the GC mayor thought this would go over for the next election???

Cat

(kidding!)

Posted : 23/10/2008 1:58 am