Clear all

Happy Birthday, Scrybe!

19 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Think you can make time in your busy jazz'n'jam schedule for a little relaxation? Have a great birthday!

:D :D :D

Vic

PS You're now officially exactly half my age - wish I had half your talent and energy!

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 26/03/2010 11:18 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Sure can! For five minutes, before I go practice the stuff Mike set for me... :wink:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I really wasn't expecting this... :oops:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 27/03/2010 12:12 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Happy Birthday! Hope you did relax a bit!!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 27/03/2010 2:30 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Happy Birthday!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 27/03/2010 3:10 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Happy birthday! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 27/03/2010 11:47 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Happy Birthday!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 27/03/2010 1:07 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Happy Birthday, Scrybe.

Hope everything is going well in your world. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 27/03/2010 1:17 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 27/03/2010 6:17 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Heh heh, I've really chilled today. 8) 8) 8) 8) Did practice the stuff Mike gave me for a few hours, splitting between electric and acoustic, and did a little 'organisational work' (read as "tidied up my practice area and wotnot, and added software to the laptop n sent a few things to a few ppl....other people getting presents on my birthday?!? " :shock: :lol: ), but mostly chilled and listened to music (mostly Corea's Spain, and Tomasz Stanko's frankly addictive II [Suspended Variations] - okay, so I sang along, it's my birthday and I'll sing if I want to!).

Just wish we could all have a little jam right now.... :wink:

Back to full work tomorrow. Thanks for all the birthday wishes. :mrgreen:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

Posted : 27/03/2010 7:15 pm
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Yep, Happy Birthday Scrybe!! :D

Jim

Posted : 27/03/2010 11:21 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

many happy returns!

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 28/03/2010 12:05 am
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

thanks guys! had a mostly chilled day. did some practice, but nothing too difficult or challenging, just some rhythm work and running scales - the rhythm work is kinda meditative in a way, fun process. sorted some time to give listen to Lupe Fiasco's last alb, too - I don't care if it's hip hop, that kid has the tightest lyrics around by miles, wish I could write as brilliantly and prolifically as that!

Been chatting and hanging with various friends, and may have a gig in May that will be fun if we pull it off. Gotta talk to a few people on that, cos I'd wanna add a tpt player to my band's lineup and we may have to come up with some original material for it (I have a few ideas we can work on, and I know our sax player has, too). Been a good day. Gonna celebrate double tomorrow, as it's the b'day of a friend and tpt player, and he's playing two gigs that day - I'm gonna be down for both (different styles of jazz each time, and he's an awesome player n good guy). Gonna fit some practice in between the two gigs. :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

Posted : 28/03/2010 12:14 am
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Happy Scrybe Day!

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

Posted : 28/03/2010 12:39 am
(@notes_norton)
Noble Member

H.B. Scrybe!!!!!!!!!

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com Add-on Styles for Band-in-a-Box and Microsoft SongSmith

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

Posted : 28/03/2010 12:46 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Celebrating double today, you say? I know we're hours apart, you're way ahead, but have good day! :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 28/03/2010 1:05 pm
Page 1 / 2