(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 04/07/2009 6:47 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

You too EB! :D

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 04/07/2009 6:50 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

well, im not exactly sure what independance day celebrations entail - but i hope you all get a day off work for it??

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 04/07/2009 7:46 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

well, im not exactly sure what independance day celebrations entail - but i hope you all get a day off work for it??

Yes, we do get the day off and usually the day before and/or the day after!

Independence Day is the day we won our independence from Britain ( :) ) and became our own nation. People usually barbecue, drink beer and set off fireworks. The cities and towns usually do big fireworks shows and people buy their own, too. It's a big family day.

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 04/07/2009 7:54 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Yes, we do get the day off and usually the day before and/or the day after!

Independence Day is the day we won our independence from Britain ( :) ) and became our own nation. People usually barbecue, drink beer and set off fireworks. The cities and towns usually do big fireworks shows and people buy their own, too. It's a big family day.

....or.....people could head off to Fort Worth for Willie Nelson's Garden party. Unless, of course, they're suffering from food poisoning, eh, Elecktra?

Lord, is it really four years ago since I saw Willie, Dylan and the Doobies? Seems like five minutes ago....

Hope y'all have a great Independence Day!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 04/07/2009 8:59 pm
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Happy Independence Day EB! :D

Too bad I start my 4 day work rotation tonight, I'm gonna be worried sick about the neighbors burning my house down while I'm at work and the parents are on a trip celebrating their wedding anniversary.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

Posted : 04/07/2009 9:01 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

....or.....people could head off to Fort Worth for Willie Nelson's Garden party. Unless, of course, they're suffering from food poisoning, eh, Elecktra?

Vic

He's not doing it this year. This is only the 3rd year in 36 years that he hasn't held his 4th of July Picnic!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 04/07/2009 10:16 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

And I hope you're staying away from Cajun Boils!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 04/07/2009 10:49 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I LOVE Cajun boils! There's nothing like shrimp, crawfish, clams, etc... on the boil! :D I especially like the crawfish!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 05/07/2009 1:03 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

WoOt!! we had a great one!
Happy Belated B-day America!

#4491....

Posted : 06/07/2009 10:05 am
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

wow, has it really been 200 plus years? time flies here.
HBD America. back on track.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 06/07/2009 10:40 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Vic

He's not doing it this year. This is only the 3rd year in 36 years that he hasn't held his 4th of July Picnic!
I hope Willie is OK. He is after all a national treasure :D Also one hell of a good player :twisted:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 08/07/2009 3:42 am
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Independence Day is the day we won our independence from Britain ( :) ) and became our own nation.

Actually, Independence Day is celebrating the day the Continental Congress adopted the Declaration of Independence. We said we were independent, but it was merely the start of the war to convince the British (the war ended September 3, 1783). Just wanted to clarify, not trying to be a donkey.

A bit of July 4 trivia: Thomas Jefferson and John Adams, both instrumental in creating the Declaration of Independence, died on the same day; July 4, 1826, the nation's 50th birthday.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 08/07/2009 12:17 pm