Skip to content
It's been a year wi...

Notifications
Clear all

It's been a year with tendonitus (fretting hand)

18 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Sounds like your doing OK ... feel free to post more though. :)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 19/06/2009 8:46 pm
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi Corbind,

So sorry to hear about your problems. Taking a break often seems like the only way to give the body a decent chance to repair itself, but it can be very frustrating while you wait. I had about 18 months of shoulder pain once (from an injury sustained while swimming) and it just wouldn't heal, purely because I didn't realise that the situation was being aggravated by my poor posture at the computer. I bought a new chair with a better ergonomic design and the shoulder healed quickly after that. I kicked myself for not twigging sooner.... :( But it seems I'm a slow learner. I'm currently experiencing a moderate problem with my left thumb, and I really should stop guitar for a week or two....

I hope it continues to improve and that you can keep your music interest alive in other ways.

Cheers,

Chris

Posted : 21/06/2009 6:20 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Good to hear you're still playing, and still enjoying the guitar.

Yeah, I've had my share of problems with that left hand over the years - but I really can't imagine not being able to pick up a guitar and not play. That'd really be a fate worse than death for me!

Chris, I've also had problems with the left thumb over the years - seem to have disappeared lately though, I think that's mainly down to using a lighter touch on the barre chords (and of course, light strings!) and also using that thumb for a lot of barre chords - seems easier on the hand all round using the thumb for bass notes. It tends to wander over the top of the fretboard anyway, I figured I might as well put it to some use while it's there, and it seems to be a more natural grip - for me, anyway - than behind the neck.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 21/06/2009 7:13 am
Page 2 / 2