Skip to content
Left The Bedroom Ja...

Notifications
Clear all

Left The Bedroom Jam (No going back there!)

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

For those who have'nt read my`Leaving the Bedroom' post in the Guitar Players Discussion Forum this a further update hopefully to give others confidence to start jamming with others.

I've been jamming with my nexdoor neighbour and a couple of her friends 1 night a week for about a month now. We are all beginners of varying abilities and I have to say its brought all of us to a higher level of confidence. I have learnt on average 1 to 3 new chords every night we meet and have passed on my knowledge to them. (A hell of a lot of that I gained from this site).

I attempt to sing too (IN FRONT OF THEM!) and thats because they can sing and they incouraged me to.

Last Monday I got us all to try Hotel California using mattguitar's easy version (See Easy Song Database) Because I'd played it I got voted to do the count in and lead. It sounded awesome(I mean great!) as we all play acoustics. It was great to be an Eagle for one night.

I love jamming and my heartfelt thanks goes out to Guitarnoise its staff, especially David Hodge and to all you contributor guys out there, especially Vic Lewis, Wes Inman and Matt, to name but a few! You all know who you are.

I've rambled on enough now, but everyone who visits this site learn a few chords, get out there and have a go! Get jamming!

Best regards,

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

Posted : 29/09/2004 6:33 pm
(@pixnstrings)
Eminent Member

Hello dogsbody,
I'm a dog groomer. Need a cut? Just kidding. I really am a groomer but....nevermind. About your post. I know exactly what you mean about jamming with people. Its the greatest feeling to hear it all come together. I have a friend I play with and he plays mostly hard core rock and me on the other hand lean towards folk with a classical flair. Imagine the sounds we come up with. And those nights when we're "on". They're priceless.
Keep playing, it only gets better. (I've been playing 29 yrs.)
Do yourselves a favor. Record your jam sessions. However you do it. Makes no difference.We use an old kereoke machine I bought at a thrift store for $12.00. I have an acoustic I put a pickup in and plug it in the machine and my friend plugs his electric in at the same time. It's pretty prehistoric but it works. Then mark the dates on the tapes and file them. You'll laugh when you pull them out in a few years.
Good luck to you
Pixnstrings

Posted : 05/11/2004 4:26 am
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Hello Pixnstrings,

Glad to see a reply to my post, its always great to get feedback from others.

Your idea of recording the jam sessions is great especially as it sounds so simple through the Kareoke machine. I've been thinking of getting a pickup fo my acoustic lately. I suppose you can also feed into a tape deck.

Thank you for the post and good wishes to you also.

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

Posted : 08/11/2004 12:38 pm
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

excellent news Chris!

thanks for your kind words, i am really glad you all enjoyed it.

All the best

Matt

Posted : 22/11/2004 1:29 pm