Notifications
Clear all

Metro Detroit area

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@jimiange)
Topic starter

Any players from the Metro Detroit area, Macomb County?

I hve been taking lessons for about a year and want to beging playing with others to get to that next level.
If any of you are patient enough to sit and develope (not teach) some songs I'd love to try it.

I'm 40 and know this is a hobby with the goal of performing for others as my inspiration.
My music taste are the classic rock genre, Neil Young, CSNY, The Beatles.  Since I listen to the best station on the dial 101.9FM  WDET my taste are broad and would love to play a wide variety once I am proficient.

Contact me at my email [email protected]

Posted : 22/01/2004 3:12 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to the Madhouse.  Man, we've got similar tastes (same generation), but unfortunately I'm in SW Ohio!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 22/01/2004 3:58 pm
(@slydog)
Reputable Member

... I'm in SW Ohio!

So am I.  Whereabouts?  Do you think we can get one of David's seminars in these parts?

Coincidentally, I grew up in Macomb County, MI

Blame it on the lies that killed us, blame it on the truth that ran us down.

Posted : 11/02/2004 4:35 am
(@davidhodge)

Do you think we can get one of David's seminars in these parts?

If you gather, he will come (and he might bring Nick!)...

Seriously, it's not that hard to get eight to a dozen people together. Especially if you look into the general surrounding area. Shall we start a "SW Ohio Seminar" thread in the News Section to get this going?

How's the month of May or possibly early June?

Peace

Posted : 11/02/2004 7:25 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Hey you guys in Ohio have all the fun..why don't you take it on the road and come down to Charlotte.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 11/02/2004 8:05 pm
(@slydog)
Reputable Member

Shall we start a "SW Ohio Seminar" thread in the News Section to get this going?

How's the month of May or possibly early June?

Absolutely!  As for timing, May works better for me, since we are planning a vacation that will cover the first two weekends in June.  But I must warn you, we are slated for a visit from the seventeen-year cicada's this spring.  I don't know exactly when and where they'll hit, but if you've never experienced these, be prepared with ice-scrapers to clean your windshield.  (These bugs are the reason my wife wants to get out of town the day the kids get out of school).

Blame it on the lies that killed us, blame it on the truth that ran us down.

Posted : 11/02/2004 10:12 pm
(@davidhodge)

Hey you guys in Ohio have all the fun..why don't you take it on the road and come down to Charlotte.

Same rules apply - get some folks together. There's no reason at all not to come to Charlotte. Start up a thread and let's see what happens. This is how the whole Toronto thing got going!

As for SW Ohio - Memorial Day weekend (the last weekend in May) is no good for me as I'll be in (you guessed it!) Toronto!

Peace

Posted : 12/02/2004 4:09 am