Notifications
Clear all

MF sale on OE-30

32 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@conuvial)
Trusted Member

If anyone's still interested - MF is out of stock and claiming that they are moving to a new warehouse - thus can't confirm when backorders will be sent. Other MF customers claim this is a common tactic of theirs - sell items they don't have. This excuse has allegedly been used by MF for several months on various items.

Music123 has them in stock @ $149 - but will PM to MF's price - $119 with free shipping and no tax in most states.

So, looks like the deal's still on.

this is not a "tactic", it's the truth.

they just built a huge new facility here in the KC area and it's taking them a while to move everything from the 2 other warehouses they used to occupy on the other side of the river.

Glad to hear that is what's really going on. Thanks for the clues, TwistedLefty.

When I talked to MF and they told me the warehouse story, it just seemed to confirm what I had read on other boards - posts from some dissatisfied customers who felt they were being led on.

Good to hear from someone with "local knowledge". That will teach me to believe what I read. I stand corrected. :oops:

Regardless; If you want one of these soon, MF can't confirm when product will ship - other sites will PM and ship promptly.

"...it's in him, and it got to come out..." - JLH

Posted : 30/06/2007 10:41 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter

MF has disatisfied customers, i have been one in the past.
All these companys do
Like all large companys that ship around the world, there are going to be problems with stock from time to time.
this guitar is very popular and is priced to move, that accents stocking problems and whatnot.
other suppliers may be the answer to those who can't wait, but i would make sure to check the return policys before jumping at the chance to get it shipped sooner.

MF has a "no questions asked" return policy for 45 days.
(i do not work for GC/MF)

#4491....

Posted : 02/07/2007 11:43 am
(@specialsof)
Estimable Member

Just received my FedX/UPS confirmatin that mine has actually shipped. Can't wait to get it. I have a brother-in-law who does professional setups in the Atlanta area for some of the bigger Atlanta area rock groups. Anyone have any suggestions that I can have him do on this puppy to make it a better guitar?

Posted : 05/07/2007 12:45 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

OK, well ..... what guage strings do you wish. Mine, and I suspect all come with very heavy strings. A wound G! With light strings on it, I read you need to flip a few of the saddles to get the thing to intonate. The lighter strings and lower action require this adjustment. I got 9's on mine and had to flip a couple of saddles. It intonates fine now. If you have access to a pro setup, I suggest you decide the string guage you are going to use and have it set accordingly for this reason. If youre happy with the heavy strings, I suspect it intonates fine out of the box. I love the pickups, wouldn't change them. Washburn pickups and mind you a different model for neck and bridge. The tuners are Grovers. I am fond of this guitar.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 05/07/2007 4:09 pm
(@specialsof)
Estimable Member

Ok, just got mine. Ordered it last Saturday, it shipped Tuesday by UPS before July 4th Holliday, and arrived Friday afternoon. Box and contents were in perfect shape, and it also included a guitar cable to my surprise.

Got to admit, for a tad over a hundred bucks this thing is a beauty for sure.

By the way, this baby wasn't made in China. It was made in Indonesia to my surprise.

Posted : 07/07/2007 11:26 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Ok, just got mine. Ordered it last Saturday, it shipped Tuesday by UPS before July 4th Holliday, and arrived Friday afternoon. Box and contents were in perfect shape, and it also included a guitar cable to my surprise.

Got to admit, for a tad over a hundred bucks this thing is a beauty for sure.

By the way, this baby wasn't made in China. It was made in Indonesia to my surprise.

i returned the first one i got (blue) because the stain looked like it had been applied by a blind person (china), decided to get the black one and it is flawless. (indonesia)

#4491....

Posted : 07/07/2007 1:34 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Well, I don't think situation at MF is that bad. And I am sure it won't be any better at American Musical or Sam Ash.

Posted : 07/07/2007 8:12 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

I've never had a problem with MF :D Always been happy with them.

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 07/07/2007 8:19 pm
(@conuvial)
Trusted Member

It's here. Came last week while I was out of town. Just opened up the box today.

It's a beautiful guitar. Tuned it up real quick and started playing. Sounds great. Action is set a little high - intonation on 1st & 2nd strings is dead on, other strings just a hair on the flat side. Neck was perfectly straight - no truss rod adjustment necessary. Frets were smooth - no need for sanding at all. Finish was basically flawless, except for two very tiny spots in places you really never see. Top, back, and neck were perfect.

Pretty impressive for right out of the box.

With my short fingers, the 19th fret is its absolute upper limit (and that's really pushing it).

Anybody know what strings are put on at the factory? I'm thinking of going quite a bit lighter.
What's everyone else using on theirs?

Posted : 11/07/2007 4:30 am
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

What do they usually sell for? What's the list price?

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 11/07/2007 5:39 am
(@conuvial)
Trusted Member

MF shows a list price of $349.90 - clearance price of $119.99 with free shipping.

Music123 shows same list with a sales price of $149.99 (but they price matched MF @ $119.99).

WWBN shows list $449.90 - sell @ $129.00.

Posted : 11/07/2007 6:05 am
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

cool, thanks.

so the guitar is $30 off?

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 11/07/2007 6:16 am
(@conuvial)
Trusted Member

I believe so. Don't know what they went for previously.

Posted : 11/07/2007 6:20 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter

they've been selling them for $149 at MF for several years now, this is the first drop in price i've seen on these since i bought mine several years ago.

#4491....

Posted : 11/07/2007 8:49 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter

"We're sorry, this product has been discontinued."

:cry: a moment of silence please for the best deal short of the Squier '51 MF ever had :cry:

congrats to all that were able to get one of these, my condolences to those that missed the chance.

#4491....

Posted : 30/07/2007 1:28 pm
Page 2 / 3