Clear all

Nickelback gig in Bay Roberts, Newfoundland

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Anybody else see it? I got back aroubd midnight, and it rained all through the gig, but it was awesome. I'll post a full review when I get a chance, but the show went something like this:

1st: State of Shock-Didn't see them
2nd: Default-Same as above.
3rd: Hedley-Saw them, they were on but a bit too pop-punk for my tastes.
4th: Buckcherry-Saw them, they were wild and dead on. Really great
5th: Finger Eleven-Saw them as well, dead on like always and they were awesome
6th: Staind-They were great, but by that time I was a rather tough (And cold and wet) critic :lol:
7th: Nickelback-Absolutely dead on. They played an hour and a half, and made me forget I was cold, tired and wet and really blew me away :D

Like I said, expect a full report soon :D

Ethan

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

Posted : 30/06/2007 2:59 am
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I never got to go, I had to work. I'm not a big Nickelback fan, but some of there heavier stuff seems like it would be good for a big concert, I just don't like the singles that all sound the same. I would have liked to seen a couple of the other bands there though.

I had a few friends who went to it, they said it was a good time, except for the rain and stuff.

Glad you had a good time b'y,

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 30/06/2007 12:01 pm
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Thanks Paul. I'm not normally a huge Nickelback fan myself, but Thursday night they were awesome. Chad (Frontman and guitarist) sounded like he was channeling Dimebag Darrel all night :twisted:

Ethan

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

Posted : 30/06/2007 1:19 pm
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

i saw nickelback over here...they opened on a very very loud animals...and it got better from then on, they also had flames and fireworks etc, what a rock concert should be, and chad sounds just as good live as on any of the cd's. was a good night

Posted : 02/07/2007 4:21 am
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Opening on Animals seems to be a common theme for them. Chad, by the way he acts on stage, is a great guy, a good singer and a talented guitarist. They were very loud here too, we were outside of town and there were people in the middle of town complaining about the noise. The highlight of the night, for me, was the Dimebag tribute with "Side of a Bullet"

All in all, great night :D

Ethan

Posted : 02/07/2007 3:48 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Glad you enjoyed the gig. Did they play 'How you remind me' and 'Photograph' ?

'Far Away' must have been there too.

8)

Posted : 02/07/2007 4:38 pm
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Yes, of course and yes :wink:

Posted : 02/07/2007 4:39 pm
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

THE CROWD!! was singing so loudly for photoograph you could hear them over the band and the band was LOUD!! so chad stopped singing and the crowd sang the WHOLE song from teh first chorus! it was absolutely brilliant :D

i never really liked side of a bullet but after chad explained what it was about and stuff i found i liked it much more, also it was one of the best live songs that night. what amazed me was the amount of songs they packed into one night! nearly all of the long road, silverside up and all the right reasons plus quite a number scattered from the state and curb.

Posted : 03/07/2007 4:07 am