Re-Structure GRRRRRR

49 Posts
24 Users
0 Likes
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Well ladies and gentlemen

I am the newest member of the ever growing number of white collar bums who from Monday who have no actual job .

Does this worry me ? Well no actually because I don't give a crap anymore , if I could play a instrument I would call myself a struggling musician . So since I can't play I 'll just call myself a " Forum Freak "

I did have plans to go to New Zealand this year for a holiday but that is now on hold , I read the vacant position colums in the local rag and will on Monday start doing up a application ..

I rememeber posting when I transfered into the job last year all excited and one Mr David Hodge replied with something like , " I hope in 12 months we are not reading how I hate the job ...Well it never really got to hate ...

I have a few options for now though I am going to chill and just apply for other positions , its not dire straights yet and won't be for a little bit if we are careful with the expenses ...

29 WEEKS LONG SERVICE - 18 WEEKS HOLIDAYS - ha ha ha I had my last sick day the day before they told me , mind you 20 other people were told the same thing ..

More time to be a guitar player I guess now , and I aint got no god darn blues about it either

Trev

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 01/07/2007 10:58 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Hope you find another job soon, Trevor. Good Luck.

Posted : 01/07/2007 11:51 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Sorry to hear Trev. My wife just lost her job after 8 years as well. We're gonna have to tighten our belts a little around here too.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 01/07/2007 11:57 am
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

Sorry to hear about that Trev, good luck with the job searching, hope you find something soon.

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

Posted : 01/07/2007 12:28 pm
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Best of luck to you, Trevor! Let us know how it's going.

Jim-Bone

Posted : 01/07/2007 12:40 pm
(@davidhodge)

I'm also sorry to hear this news, Trevor. Hopefully something great will come along to take its place. Sometimes we get luckiest when we think there's no luck left.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Peace

Posted : 01/07/2007 12:52 pm
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

Trevor, I'm in the same situation. I'm in IT and all our jobs were outsourced (Offshored - really) as of 06/29/2007. Fortunately, I have 6 months severance. This is my second job were I've been outsourced, I don't want to do this anymore!

It's time to persue my dream - Male Exotic Dancing - Well, not funny unless you know what I look like!

Bob Jessie

Posted : 01/07/2007 1:11 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter

thanks guys

I will keep you all informed , I am hoping to be able to play that dreaded F chord before I find another job :lol:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 01/07/2007 1:14 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Re-structuring, outsourced, downsized - all nice neat ways of saying, "Sorry mate, we couldn't run a booze up in a brewery and your job's gone."

Let's just hope that as one door's shut, the next one to open will be a better opportunity. Good luck with the job-hunting!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 01/07/2007 1:27 pm
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Sorry to hear that Trevor, I hope you find something else soon.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 01/07/2007 1:35 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Good luck Trevor! Apply for othe positions and keep playing! :D

Keep us informed.

Posted : 01/07/2007 1:43 pm
(@beaner)
Estimable Member

They're looking for train controllers in Junee. Feel like a change of scenery Trev?

Regards,
Paul

Posted : 01/07/2007 1:45 pm
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

This is my nightmare. All I want is to keep hold of my job til I can retire, but there is no confindance in this day and age that this will happen. My sister was "downsized" after 25 years at her job a few years ago. She was fortunate to find somethng else, but it seems you can't take that for granted anymore.

You can start pushing that songwriting carreer now though Trev!

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

Posted : 01/07/2007 1:53 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

What's the job market in NZ like? That could be a nice option...

Posted : 01/07/2007 2:05 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Ain't got no... blues, either? Oh, man! :shock:

Sorry about your situation, man! Hope things turn up for you before long!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 01/07/2007 8:31 pm
Page 1 / 4