Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

If you live any where near their intersection then you need to take a road trip to northwestern Illinois. :D

My band, Hap Hazard will be heading north to play at one of the entertainment spots in Savanah, Illinois on April 8th. It's near Galena and the Chestnut Ski Lodge if that helps.

If anyone would like more details please let me know.

We are also playing at a huge outdoor weekend get together in Conesville, Iowa in May. I'll have more on that later.

P.S. I don't mean to exclude other states but I don't know who'd by flying by that weekend or if they have an airfield close by. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 03/04/2006 3:13 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Bish,

I won't be able to make it to your gig this weekend. :( My sister is going to be in town visiting from San Diego at the same time, and we've already made plans for Saturday to go to Milwaukee to see a Brewer's game. You will be pretty close to me too! I could jump on Hwy 11, and be there in just around 2 hours. Would've made a nice weekend road trip. Oh well, there's always next time. Have a great time bud! 8) :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 04/04/2006 11:48 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks, Dan.

I'm sure we'll be up there again. It's our first time in the place.

Bish

Posted : 04/04/2006 1:22 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

For anyone interested, the gig tonight went great.

The place we played at was new. We had a nice large stage and good electricity. It was our first time in there and we were treated very well. The crowd liked us. I saw something that I don't see very often. As the people would leave they would wave to us and say nice job. Very friendly atmosphere.

We got asked to come back to play their outdoor venue during the summer. They have built a real nice covered stage back behind the main bar building and it looks to hold 2-3000 people. We'll be coming back sometime this summer for that.

I took some videos and as soon as I get them processed and uploaded to my server, I'll post some links.

Bish

Posted : 09/04/2006 8:29 am
(@rocker)
Noble Member

bish,

way to go bro, i use to go skiing there when i lived in chicago, i would love
to play in front of 3,000 people, what a rush, i'm sure you guys will knock'em
dead 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 09/04/2006 8:39 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Glad to hear all went well Bish. Hopefully next time you're in the area I'll be able to make it to your show.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 10/04/2006 10:34 pm