Clear all

My first gig!! (sort of)

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@petrix)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Woo! My band has a gig... except its hardly stadium stuff, we're playing at our school. but hey, everyone has to start somewhere.

Hopefully next month we'll also be in an "opening gig" at a local venue. but that one's not definate yet.

Ny tips people?

"I had these dreams that I would learn to play guitar, maybe cross the country, become a rock star"

Posted : 29/02/2004 5:52 pm
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

That sounds great. You'll have a lot of fun and memories.

Joe

Posted : 01/03/2004 4:24 am
(@Anonymous)

Tips

1, dont drink that quart of vodka before you go onstage.

2, Teachers will be watching, and secretly grading you.

3, Wink at girls, no matter who you are, play every note/chord/diad for them, and they'll be yours, oh yes they will.

4, Dont hit on the Fonze's girl, bad news.

5, Know ALL your songs, play like proffessionals, smile, unless your The Strokes, in which, just act miserable and stand like you got dioreah.

6, Enjoy yourself, no matter if you play note perfect, or what, always thank your crowd and have a laugh!

Good luck, you wont be able to sleep after!

Chalmodo  ;D

Posted : 09/03/2004 2:56 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Congratulations Petrix!

That's a gig.

Tips?

Get there early. That way you have time to set up carefully, making sure everything is working properly, and maybe play a few songs for a soundcheck.

Bring some tools; pliers, wrench, screwdrivers, etc... Without fail your drummer will not be able to find his drum key.

Bring wirecutters in case you break a string. And bring extra batteries. BRING DUCT TAPE.

Bring extra strings, and guitar cords. Strings break and cords go bad at the worst times.

Do not play louder than the singer. Get a good balanced sound with the singer on top.

Make sure everyone tunes up carefully 10 minutes before you go on.

Do not get stoned.

The hardest part is just relax and have fun. Don't sweat it if you make mistakes. You will.

Rock out Petrix!

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 09/03/2004 5:29 pm