Clear all

New Grandbaby Pic

24 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

(I've been sticking this kind of stuff in Opinions and Polls, but lately it's been drifting up to News...)

Doesn't she look like her Grandpaw? :D

She had a big adventure in The Wild Kingdom out front this afternoon. She's all burrowed in behind a basket and some picture frames beside the desk now, sleeping it off.

Her "mom's" in the air right now flying up to New York to spend the week with our model citizen boy, who she got into this mess in the first place. So we're babysitting Zelly, spoiling her rotten. :lol:

Zelly's a hoot! She's been raised as a pet from birth and is quite sociable. As far as she knows she's just another member of the family. When she hears her "mom's" voice she perks up, stretches her neck out and looks all around for her, and she'll follow her. When she's about to crawl under something she shouldn't, her "mom" calls her name in a stern voice and she will stop. Sometimes she'll turn away, sometimes she'll act like she's turning away, then she'll try it again. Smart little booger. She loves to be held and petted. She watches and makes eye contact, making happy little rhythmic arm motions and soft clicking sounds that don't sound like, but remind me of a purring lap cat. She'll yawn, stretch, smack her mouth and get sleepy. I'd never thought a reptile would be so sociable. She's much like the pet birds many people keep in these respects. I've never seen much about tortoises' social interactions in the wild, but I'll bet they have fairly advanced social structures. They have vocalizations and hearing, so I'm sure they have some communications with one another.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 24/04/2007 11:39 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

LMAO

Yep looks like her grandad alright , now you have shaved your head ..

2 smoothies

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 24/04/2007 11:48 pm
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

She has a magnificent dome, almost as shiny as granpa's.

Posted : 25/04/2007 1:03 am
(@eirraca)
Estimable Member

Gotta love those baby turtles! /hugs Zelly

Posted : 25/04/2007 1:34 am
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

She definately inherited her grandpa's smooth dome :lol:

She looks like very nice tortoise, one of my close friends has got one named Vince (along with 2 giant african land snails), and he does much the same as Zelly does; responds to familiar voices, enjoys being petted, comically attempts to 'run' under the bed wenever you let him out to roam around the (what must seem immensely big) bedroom floor :lol:

I was suprised at the social aspects of them as well. I always thought that a tortoise just sort of did its own thing, lumbering about..... now I really want one of my own! :D

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

Posted : 25/04/2007 1:37 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

They certainly are endearing, lovable creatures. They have life spans on the order of humans', so taking one on is a major commitment.

Posted : 25/04/2007 2:15 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Now I thought it was gonna be a real kid and I was ready with pics of my new grandaughter. :( But the turtle is cute though. :D

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 25/04/2007 1:29 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

It is.

Posted : 25/04/2007 3:24 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Well since nobody is going to ask .... I can't help myself and have to show off my grandchild. Her name is Olivia Rose.

She is no tortise but I think she is beautiful!

Posted : 25/04/2007 3:45 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Well, she certainly is!

A lot furrier on top, though. :lol:

Posted : 25/04/2007 9:06 pm
(@nirvgas)
Estimable Member

Beautiful baby, TR. And by the look on her face she just saw her first Les Paul!! :lol:

Life is my friend
Rake it up to take it in
Wrap me in your cinnamon
Especially in Michigan
...well I could be your friend- RHCP

Posted : 26/04/2007 3:58 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

What a cutie, TR! Congrats.
Beautiful name too.
:)

Don

Posted : 26/04/2007 4:23 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member

TR, the first rule of grandparenting is that you don't wait to be asked to show the piccies, you whip them out, "LOOK at my beautiful grandbaby!" :lol:

(I don't have any grandkids and had better NOT for a good long while, as my oldest is not yet 17, but I know how it's supposed to work.)
Actually, I thought about asking you where was the pic, but thought maybe you didn't want to for security reasons or whatever.

Olivia Rose is beautiful! She's going to be a blondie, or maybe strawberry blonde?

Oh, and Ricochet, Zelda is beautiful, too. :shock:

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 26/04/2007 5:46 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thank you, Margaret! :lol:

Posted : 26/04/2007 6:15 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Thanks everyone! Margaret, not to worry about security. No one knows where she lives and besides, mom and dad are both officers of the law. Also there are pics of her on all the relatives myspace acounts. :lol: She certainly is blond. I don't know if it will stick or not though. Lets hope so. :wink: I think it looks good on her.

Posted : 26/04/2007 11:38 pm
Page 1 / 2