No posts exist for this topic

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Is this a problem that hasn't been worked out yet if so, no problem i'll wait. But when i go into say.... the 8th page of a post it says "No posts exist for this topic".

I was just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this problem.

For the record i can get into the first page but not the last.

Posted : 30/04/2004 12:28 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I've found this as well Tracker - what it might be, with all this stuff being lost during meltdown, is that some posts have been deleted from certain threads, and maybe where it used to go into, say, an 8th page, now it's back/still on the 7th.

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 30/04/2004 12:56 am
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Vic - I tried that. Didn't work.

Posted : 30/04/2004 1:22 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I think it's just a different number of posts per page. The old forum had fewer so it had more pages. The new forum keeps the pages, even though it didn't need them. This phenomena should go away in a few days as posts fill the page.

Posted : 30/04/2004 1:47 am
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Now i understand. Thanks Nick. I noticed that there were alot more topics on one page than usual. I tried say the 7th from the 8th but it didn't work. I guess i have to go back further. Thanks Again!

Posted : 30/04/2004 1:53 am
(@argus)
Reputable Member

I think it's just a different number of posts per page. The old forum had fewer so it had more pages. The new forum keeps the pages, even though it didn't need them. This phenomena should go away in a few days as posts fill the page.

Either that, or it didn't compensate for the people who had disappearing posts/selves.

Posted : 30/04/2004 3:47 am
(@apefeet)
Eminent Member

I think it is a bug in the board software. I've seen this on other boards. Looks like a off by one error in counting number of pages per thread to me.

Rich

Posted : 30/04/2004 2:27 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Nope it isn't off by one. It varies.

We have had a couple of topics right themselves. It will go away quickly.

Posted : 30/04/2004 2:45 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

But in a number of instances backing up one page will get you into the thread -- you don't always need to start at page one work & your way forward.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 30/04/2004 3:40 pm