Skip to content
Oh I'm dead, someon...

Notifications
Clear all

Oh I'm dead, someone forgot to tell me....

37 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Could someone kindly explain to me just what the HELL is going on?

I have an early night, just for once I get a good night's sleep, I get up to take the computer in for major repairs.......thinks, might as well check out GN before I do.....and I find I've died!!!!

Someone must have hacked in from somewhere....I've read the so-called Kay'Lee missive, they even spelt her name correctly, but anyone who's ever read a communication from her would think straight away, "No, that can't be Kayleigh, there are vowels....."

Someone, and it must be someone who knows us fairly well, has forgotten that April Fool's day pranks finish on April 1st.....I am going to get to the bottom of this, and when I do, heads will not only roll, they'll be used for football practise.....

I am bloody furious at this.......!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Rest assured, I have no intentions of departing this mortal coil for a while yet, let alone this website.....

Oh and thanks for the nice tributes.......

Will keep in touch via computers in the local library.......

Vic.

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 03/11/2004 8:58 am
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

thank fuck for that!!!!!!!!!!!

welcome back from "the dead" Vic.

This is really odd aint it?

Matt

Meant my tribute though , and very glad you're ok.

Posted : 03/11/2004 9:56 am
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

Holy crap! ok if this really is Vic then I am very happy that you are OK! But is this real? which post should we believe??? I am so confused right now...

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

Posted : 03/11/2004 10:28 am
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Guessing here: The moderators must have removed a fake obit for you, Vic? Pretty strange. I suppose this is a bit like trying to solve one's own murder. Keep us apprised on the "case" and -- just in case -- avoid tunnels and white lights in the distance.

-Greg

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 03/11/2004 1:04 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Yep, I did.

Some people were pouring out their hearts and I thought best to remove it until Vic can prove he's dead.

Bring two forms of ID with you.

Posted : 03/11/2004 1:18 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Well if that's the case..........I take back what I said! :P J/K

Glad your back amoung the living!

Posted : 03/11/2004 1:39 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Well Vic, I for one am glad the "rumors of your death were greatly exaggerated".

Glad we have not lost your sense of humor. Not to mention your expertise.

Welcome back and I am happy to hear dieing got you a good night sleep :lol:.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 03/11/2004 1:50 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

This is the first time someone comes to tell me his isn't dead, before anyone told me he actually was. Still good to see you alive.

:D

Posted : 03/11/2004 1:50 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Oh! Thank God! I cried over you all night last night. In fact, I'm crying right now, but these are totally different tears! I was dreading getting on here this morning because I knew that you weren't going to be here.

I hope y'all find out who did this and crush the idiot. That has to be one of the cruelest things anyone could possibly do. And, why would they choose you, of all the people in this community, to hack? I've got to say that I am outraged! But that is tempered by knowing that my friend is still here. I am totally pissed off, but I am so happy!

I'm really glad that you're alive, Vic! I guess the reports of your death were greatly exaggerated! :D Thank God!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 03/11/2004 2:06 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Some people were pouring out their hearts and I thought best to remove it until Vic can prove he's dead.
Bring two forms of ID with you.

Let's all hope that he can't prove it any time soon!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 03/11/2004 2:08 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!

As usual there were a group of us chatting on MSN last night, Vic goes off for a shave then his daughter informs us that Vic wont brb because he died, she asks me to inform the few people she couldnt reach - I contact those few people and tell them the sad news, we were all shattered. I cry myself to sleep thinking I had lost a very good friend and hating the world for taking him away, to wake up to several missed calls and a txt message from Vic - 'Knowing' he's dead I get totally creeped out by this, the message said that he was infact fine and someone was taking this p*ss, wondering what is going on - maybe I'm going crazy or something I sign into MSN to see if anyone else has heard from him and Nick says there is a post up on GN from the recently departed Vic.

I dont know whats going on, I hope that this all has been a mistake and you are safe and well, I have tried calling you back but I know you had plans today, so if you read this later call me on my mobile (my house phone is broken) speak to me from the otherside as it were and confirm your current status.

And to you (aka Kay'Lee) - who ever you are, your a psycho, this was a twisted stunt to pull you sick s.o.b.

Posted : 03/11/2004 2:22 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Not sure who to be more mad at - the idiot Kay'Lee who drove me to open a bottle of brandy or Vic for "coming back" before I'd finished it. :lol: :lol:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 03/11/2004 5:59 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I would like to confirm the fact that whoever did this was NOT Kay'Lee at all since she was at work at the time, I know Kay'Lee and she would NEVER do something this screwed up.

Posted : 03/11/2004 6:11 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Pet, I believe we all know it was not the real Kay'Lee and as a matter of fact I thought I chose the wrong spelling intentionally.

I am going to delete my post if the system lets me so I don't offend anyone. It was just a shot at a joke.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 03/11/2004 6:30 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Nah dont worry about it, I was trying to make something clear out of a bizare situation (I didnt want people thinking bad things about the real Kay'Lee).

Posted : 03/11/2004 7:19 pm
Page 1 / 3