Phil Collins retirement?

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I did read in a couple of Spanish newspapers today. He argue health problems. I remember he did it some years ago but he got back to the music again.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopmusic/8360584/Phil-Collins-calls-time-on-music-career.html

Posted : 06/03/2011 6:40 pm
 Crow
(@crow)
Honorable Member

Wow. Collins is a great (underrated) drummer. And after losing most of my hearing in one ear, I sympathise with the guy -- even though I'd be perfectly happy if I never heard his voice again.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream." - Frank Zappa

Posted : 07/03/2011 2:43 am
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

It's one of those things- He contributed.

Some good songs. Several I liked the first few thousand times I heard them. Overplay will kill most things eventually.

But...most folks can never write or sing a song that a million people want to buy. He's done it again and again, for 40 years.

Entitled to a good rest...

Ande

Posted : 07/03/2011 9:31 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

He killed Genesis

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 08/03/2011 12:19 pm
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

I noticed Phil posted something on his website about his retirement: http://www.philcollins.com/us/news/breaking-news-message-phil

Some recent articles made him sound depressed and a bit weird. Glad to hear he's ok. I think he made a lot of great music on his own and with Genesis. He's a fantastic musician and songwriter.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 08/03/2011 1:33 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

I though he already retired lol.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 12/03/2011 5:10 pm