Notifications
Clear all

Please welcome our newest moderator Vic Lewis

61 Posts
34 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Glad I've been nice to him. :shock: Congratulations Vic!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 06/08/2008 3:09 am
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

We all love you Vic!! Congrats!
Here's my bribe to you so you won't delete my Games & Trivia posts , and change me again from Guitar Denizen to Newbie ! ;)

Posted : 06/08/2008 3:48 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

omg! all this time....I never knew Vic was actually on the US $20 bill. No photoshop required.

Posted : 06/08/2008 4:02 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I knew he looked familiar!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 06/08/2008 4:13 am
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

Congrats Vic!! :D :D :D

Posted : 06/08/2008 5:39 am
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Woo hoo!
Congrats, Vic.

:D :D :D

Don

Posted : 06/08/2008 11:46 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'd like to thank the Acad.....umm, wrong notes.....

On behalf of myself and the.....umm, wrong notes again.....

:note1: :note2: :note1: :note2:

Ah that's better. Thanks all for congratulations.

:D :D :D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 06/08/2008 12:24 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Congrats, Vic! :D
If there is anyone on here deserving of the position it is you. You are always around here and always very helpful and I know you'll do a great job.

And all this time I thought it was Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 06/08/2008 1:37 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Congrats, Vic!

You do understand that you now have to read more than just the Tele and Status Quo posts, right?

-=Greg

And all this time I thought it was Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill.

Andrew subcontracted the position to Vic when the twenty's value dropped to less than one pound sterling.

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 06/08/2008 1:47 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

You do understand that you now have to read more than just the Tele and Status Quo posts, right?

Currently slaving away over a hot Easy Song Database, trying to find out what's in the index from the last lot of submissions - and some that have been entered and slipped through the net....
Andrew subcontracted the position to Vic when the twenty's value dropped to less than one pound sterling.

Hmm - so if I could raise the money for the airfare, it'd be worth my while bringing a few guitars back, then? (See, that shows you where my head's at - most Brits'd think "Hey, let's have a weekend in Europe - stock up with cheap cigs and booze...")

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 06/08/2008 2:12 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Hmm - so if I could raise the money for the airfare, it'd be worth my while bringing a few guitars back, then? (See, that shows you where my head's at - most Brits'd think "Hey, let's have a weekend in Europe - stock up with cheap cigs and booze...")

Come to North Carolina and do it all. :wink: Well, there was a time. Smokes are up 'round $50 last Spring when I quit.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 06/08/2008 3:07 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

.............most Brits'd think "Hey, let's have a weekend in Europe - stock up with cheap cigs and booze...")
Vic
I know what you mean, Vic.......................it just turned out to be more than a weekend.
Speaking of which, I can hear a cold beer, clamouring to be let out of the fridge. I feel that it is my citizen's duty to go and rescue said beer. There may be others in need of help, so I'll just make sure, whilst I'm at it......... 8) 8) 8)

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 06/08/2008 3:13 pm
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

OMG! Not THE Vic Lewis!!! Wow! Congrats Vic! Hope this doesn't cut into your songwriting time! I'll raise a toast to you after work tonight!! :D

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

Posted : 06/08/2008 3:34 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I may have committed a social blunder....were we supposed to wait until after work? Wow, this job is going to suck.

Posted : 06/08/2008 3:47 pm
Page 2 / 5