Clear all

Possible Gig

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@douglasa)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I got a call from my bass player this morning, and he told me that a woman had heard us play last Saturday and talked with the lady that was in charge of the venue and wanted to know if we were a band for hire. She said we sounded good and that she knew all the songs. Her daughter is having a quinceañeras in a few weeks and wants us to play for it. I'm going to go talk with her today. I want to charge 480 if we play for 4 hours. That's a 120 per man. I'm not really sure what the going rate is, but I think that price is on the low end.
If we get the gig this is what we want to buy with it. Chose this after reading several posts on this board about the amp.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-PMH2000-Europower-Powered-Mixer?sku=631240

Any comment or suggestion would be great. And to be honest I really don't know that much about PA's :roll: [/url]

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace (Jimi Hendrix)

Posted : 05/06/2007 3:10 pm
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Personally, I don't know much about PA's either, but I do know behringer makes a good product for a low price, and the behringer mixer we use at school for the TV-Broadcasting Classes for audio works great.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

Posted : 05/06/2007 6:49 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I sold my mixer a while back because I was not going to be playing with the guitarist I had (who also had the PA) and I am going to get the same powered mixer you show here.

It looks like a good deal to me. I think this is the same one Wes recommended to me.

JIm

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 05/06/2007 6:57 pm
(@douglasa)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

It looks like a good deal to me. I think this is the same one Wes recommended to me.

JIm

I remember Wes talking about this PA and honestly thats why I was looking at it

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace (Jimi Hendrix)

Posted : 05/06/2007 7:03 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Yea, that's the one Wes has, he brought over to my house last Friday. Maybe he'll see this post and comment but he was telling me about another mixer in the $500 range that he said was really good.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 05/06/2007 7:24 pm
(@douglasa)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Well were going to get to play! It will be June 23rd. They had already hired a DJ, but they want us to come in and kick the show off and play for an hour. We will be playing at the civic center and I am betting that there will be alot of people come out. They are going to have a slide show and some other things from 7 to 8 then we go on from 8 to 9!!! Were not going to make much, but we are going to be heard and right now thats worth alot in my book.
So in the next 2 weeks we are going to be working on a good tight set of about 15 songs and maybe something will come out of this gig.

Posted : 05/06/2007 9:55 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Excellent! Congrats on the gig.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 05/06/2007 10:01 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Good luck with the gig, Douglasa.

Let us know how it plays out.....ewwwww did I say that? :roll:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 06/06/2007 1:53 am