Notifications
Clear all

Progress

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

I've been playing with the Cambridge Guitar Orchestra for just over a year now. Today, I officially became their electric guitarist. There is a very rough recording of Beck's Bolero on my PC to evidence the fact and if you don't behave yourselves I'll make you listen to it bwaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 14/02/2010 5:43 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Congratulations, Alan!
8)

Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 14/02/2010 5:45 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

C'mon
Let's give it a hear.
Upload it someplace and give us the link.

Congrats!

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 15/02/2010 12:05 am
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

OK, ok, the next Cambridge Guitar Orchestra is in two weeks' time - I'll fix my guitar's "slightly sharp" intonation at the 12th fret and get a decent amount of practise time in. This week is the half term holiday in UK schools and I have to rehearse for a solo concert next Monday so I'll be doing a lot of recording and I'll put a load of stuff to listen to online at the weekend.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 15/02/2010 7:01 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats! I can't wait to hear it.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 16/02/2010 7:54 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

That's awesome Alan! I can't wait to hear something from you with the electric!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 17/02/2010 4:33 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Yeah! +1 :D

Posted : 17/02/2010 1:39 pm