Clear all

Rethinking my time away from here.

18 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@sdolsay)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I've spent the last month or so away from GN after getting a little frustrated here, took a welding class, let my hand heal up, and most important I bought a new Fender Telecaster :)

The time away made me realize what a great place GN really is, there are far to many places on the internet where all people do is want to fight and argue, I truly missed the feeling of family that Nick and the mods have fostered here, and yes even families have squabbles sometimes but the way things are handled here is the right way to do it, and being away for a bit just made me appreciate it all the more.

So what I'm saying is I'm back (warts and all) and to those who would say my little spin out was stupid I only have one thing to say to you.....You're right :)

Hmmmm, I wonder if this was my mid-life crisis? :) yes I am old enough for one of those :)

Scott

I havn't found my tone yet, and I have no mojo....but I'm working on it :)

Posted : 29/08/2007 4:52 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Hey man, welcome back. :D GN is like fruit, you only miss it when you ain't got it.

Posted : 29/08/2007 5:04 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Welcome back Sdolsay! I went through something similar a while back - missed GN too much, I just had to come back.

Funny though - while you were away, I bought a new Fender Telecaster too!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 29/08/2007 5:47 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome back Scott! :D Just like it says in the song: "You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"! :twisted: :lol:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 29/08/2007 6:44 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

You know the rules... Where are the pictures of your new Tele? Eh? :evil:

Welcome back Scott! :D

Posted : 29/08/2007 7:11 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome back

#4491....

Posted : 29/08/2007 7:31 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

No dinner for you young man. Go practice your guitar.

....and welcome back.

Posted : 29/08/2007 8:06 pm
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome Back! :)

Posted : 29/08/2007 8:07 pm
(@sdolsay)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thanks all :)

Here is a picture of the tele. it was a scratch and dent at my local shop, full warranty though, someone dropped it while looking at it and chipped the paint, I don't worry about cosmetics much so the $299 price worked well for me, I love the sound and feel of it :)

Scott

Posted : 29/08/2007 8:12 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

I don't worry about cosmetics much so the $299 price worked well for me, Scott
Yowsa! What a deal...
Welcome back! :wink:
:)

Don

Posted : 29/08/2007 8:16 pm
(@sdolsay)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Ya it's a great shop, about the size of a Guitar Center but locally owned. The only prob I have with them is they got into a dispute with Gibson, so they dropped all Gibson products, but I can't afford a new Gibby anyway, kinda sucks though they were nice to ogle :)

Scott

Posted : 29/08/2007 8:22 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

$299? Bloody hell, I paid over twice that - £300+ - for my new Tele! And it's absolutely immaculate! I thought it was a good deal, too.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 29/08/2007 8:31 pm
(@sdolsay)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Very nice Vic, great looking tele :)

Scott

Posted : 29/08/2007 8:50 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Welcome back, Scott.

Coming back here is always good. Sometimes members often are away for long time. And believe me, most of them (who post regularly) are missed at some point of time or other.

I am an expert in making comebacks. But now I am trying my best not to have any of such in future. Hence, I have adopted Catbert as my avatar. So, I am the evil director here. :twisted:

Next time when you feel someone's opinion isn't right or if someone is being really gross, its best to stay away from posting in that thread. You can carry on in other ones.

Even better thing is to play the guitar, record some and post in 'Hear Here'. That section is always fun with no arguments. So, going away never helps. But taking some time off, like a week or so can be good. You always find yourself more attached and later realise that all those flaming is totally kiddish.

Afterall we all are here to play the guitar and talk about music (and other things as well, sometimes).

This is what I have learnt from my rollarcoaster experience of 2 years, here at GN.

So its nice to see you back and that telecaster of yours. Now that is some solid comeback !

Posted : 29/08/2007 10:11 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Ya it's a great shop, about the size of a Guitar Center but locally owned. The only prob I have with them is they got into a dispute with Gibson, so they dropped all Gibson products, but I can't afford a new Gibby anyway, kinda sucks though they were nice to ogle :)

Scott

Man, that happened near me at Sam Ash. Now we're a one horse town for gibby-epi stuff.

Welcome back!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 30/08/2007 1:16 am
Page 1 / 2