Notifications
Clear all

Rethinking my time away from here.

18 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Man, that happened near me at Sam Ash. Now we're a one horse town for gibby-epi stuff.

Newton-le-Willows used to be a one-horse town....now even the blacksmith's packed up. If I want a set of strings - price £5.50 - it costs me £3.10 in bus fares or not quite £3 on the train. There used to be a record shop that sold strings - till that closed down, now the only place to buy CD's is the smallest Woolworths I've ever seen. So small they can't even fit "F.W" on the storefront!

You'd think in a town of approx 22,000 people there's be a guitar shop, wouldn't you!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 30/08/2007 1:36 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Man, that happened near me at Sam Ash. Now we're a one horse town for gibby-epi stuff.

Newton-le-Willows used to be a one-horse town....now even the blacksmith's packed up. If I want a set of strings - price £5.50 - it costs me £3.10 in bus fares or not quite £3 on the train. There used to be a record shop that sold strings - till that closed down, now the only place to buy CD's is the smallest Woolworths I've ever seen. So small they can't even fit "F.W" on the storefront!

You'd think in a town of approx 22,000 people there's be a guitar shop, wouldn't you!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Vic

We're not in much better shape. Costs me 6 bucks in gas and an hour of my time (RT) to get to the nearest place now. Darned local place shut down on me last year, but trust me, it wasn't because of my lack of business. :oops: :oops:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 30/08/2007 1:55 am
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

... If I want a set of strings - price £5.50 - it costs me £3.10 in bus fares or not quite £3 on the train.
Vic

I buy my strings online from ebay, Vic, good prices (especially if you buy a pack of 10) and quite a few send post-free.

A train trip to my local guitar shop, although only 20" each way, can last half a day as they only run once every hour.

PS I'm talking about Aussie ebay here but I doubt if would much different elsewhere.

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

Posted : 30/08/2007 4:17 am
Page 2 / 2