Clear all

Site Outage

14 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin
Topic starter

We're back on the air after probably the longest site outage in GN history.  The server seems to be working again after whatever went wrong.

David's latest lesson and this week's newsletter may be a little late as a result of all this.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 29/02/2004 3:12 pm
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member

No problem, meant I actually played my guitar for the first time in two weeks.

At least we're back now.

Bob

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

Posted : 29/02/2004 3:23 pm
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Good to see we're back.
I was going crazy I even had some of these > Being distrubuted < just incase.

Joe

Posted : 29/02/2004 3:53 pm
(@preston)
Trusted Member

No problemo, Paul. Bob got to play guitar, Joe drank milk and I washed dishes.
Did anyone else do anything constructive? ;D

"Don't try to describe a KISS concert if you've never seen it." Jimmy Buffett

Posted : 29/02/2004 5:37 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Why would I do anything constructive???????   ;)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 29/02/2004 5:56 pm
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I learned the "correct" way to change the strings on my slothead tuners for my Fender Toronado.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

Posted : 29/02/2004 5:56 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

COOL !!! I thought it was my computer. I've just been going over the stuff i have down pat to this point. Glad to see were back online !!!

Posted : 29/02/2004 6:31 pm
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

I cleaned up my apartment, played quite a bit and it still didn't help ward off my GN cravings.  :o

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

Posted : 29/02/2004 6:33 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Woooo Hooooooo *Pet goes wild*

Don't ever ever do that again - bad GN!

LOL@Joe - cool milk.

At first I thought I'd trashed my computer again, 3/4 days with no GN - man I missed you guys.

Glad to see you back.

big hugs Pet.

Posted : 29/02/2004 7:15 pm
(@alangreen)

I cleaned the windows, and then cooked dinner (pasta in sun-dried tomato with chicken fried in the wok with Italian seasoning cos I know David likes to know). Then Kathy and I went to see a local covers band down the pub.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 29/02/2004 11:19 pm
(@Anonymous)

I hit the Refresh button... a lot. Got my band together and rehearsed... worked... cried. It was bad. Im an adict. its horrifying.

-Marv

Posted : 29/02/2004 11:44 pm
(@pouch)

The links to GN, resident on my various computers, seem to have been hijacked by something called eskimo.com. Has anybody else experienced this?

Posted : 01/03/2004 4:11 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Hey Paul, glad to see the #1 guitar site back online again.  Seldom do I log on to GN from my home computer.  Yet I could not resist and wanted to learn some more.  Lo and behold I could not log on.  "Now what am I going to do" I thought.  After hitting refresh and trying to log on to my home email and back to GN to see if it was just the GN site, I had a plan.  I flipped on my cd player, got out a music book (the Clash) and started jamming.  That lasted about 2 hours.

Then I tried logging back on to GN.  When I could not get in I shut the computer down and started reading some music theory.  So, all in all, the "downtime" actually let me do some things I should have been doing anyway.  Nevertheless, I'm so glad to be back here chatting with everyone.  It's kinda like an extended family (at least for me).

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 01/03/2004 5:48 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Here Here Corbind!!

When I couldn't log on to GN I was gutted - I didn't realise how addictive this site is...

It wasn't long before I was missing all the great reads on the forums, longing for the excellent lessons by the master that is DHodge, aswell as all my friends across the globe - you guys are great.  Like Corbind you are like extended family to me.

I Lurvb you all

Pet

Posted : 05/03/2004 7:11 pm