Clear all

Some Sad News

10 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

At Least 3 Dead, 4 Wounded In Nightclub Shooting Witnesses: Alleged Gunman Went Onto Stage, Fired Shots
POSTED: 10:32 pm EST December 8, 2004 UPDATED: 11:36 pm EST December 8, 2004

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- At least three people died and four others were wounded after a shooting at a Columbus nightclub on Wednesday night, NBC 4 reported.

The shooting took place shortly after 10 p.m. at Alrosa Villa, located at 5055 Sinclair Road.

Two members of the heavy metal band Damageplan were reportedly shot and killed, including Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band Pantera, NBC 4's David Wayne reported. The alleged gunman also died at the scene, Wayne reported.

Shortly after the band began playing its first song, a man reportedly ran onto the stage and began shooting, according to a witness who identified himself as Sean. Some members of the audience reportedly thought the man running onto the stage with a gun was part of the band's act, NBC 4's Erin Tate reported.

Witnesses said that several shots were fired at the band. Witnesses said that a bouncer at the club tackled the alleged gunman before that person was shot and killed. It was unclear as to whom shot the alleged gunman.

Alrosa Villa is a popular north Columbus nightspot for young adults, featuring rock and heavy metal bands, NBC 4 reported.

According to the band's Web site, Damageplan was touring nationally. It performed in Buffalo, N.Y., on Tuesday night and had a concert scheduled in Flint, Mich., on Thursday.

Damageplan featured former Pantera artists Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul. The pair were joined by vocalist Patrick Lachman and bassist Bobzilla, according to their Web site.

aka Izabella

Posted : 09/12/2004 4:52 am
(@jailhouserock)
Trusted Member

I'm not their fan but I do feel shocked to hear about it. I heard the shooter was also shot dead. Here's some direct links about the breaking news :
- http://metalsludge.tv/main/index.php?module=subjects&func=viewpage&pageid=843&POSTNUKESID=386453dd40baef343e4295df65fc6c2f
- http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.html .

May he rest in peace

Hum..

Posted : 09/12/2004 7:39 am
(@blackout187)

RIP Darrell :cry:

May you live on through your music

Posted : 09/12/2004 11:52 am
(@kris_man)

Dimebag Darrell dead?? :cry: Rest In Peace.

Posted : 09/12/2004 12:21 pm
(@death_to_theory)
Trusted Member

R.I.P Darrell and the others

Posted : 09/12/2004 1:31 pm
(@canadianguitarguy)

RIP Darrell Abbott 1966-2004

I don't know what else to say really........

Tragically, this came 24 years to the day after John Lennon was also shot and killed by a deranged fan..........

They call them fingers, but I've never seen them fing.
Oh wait, there they go.

Posted : 09/12/2004 2:08 pm
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

No way... I wonder if that's creepy coincidence or intentional.

In any case, RIP Dimebag, his influence will be sorely missed, and I am sure that any autographed Washburn guitars in his favorite style will also skyrocket in value.

As for the others, the loss of human life is always regretted, especially those of fellow fans of music. Rest in peace.

And the crazy son of a gun who did this - hope they lock him up in solitary and throw away the key.

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

Posted : 09/12/2004 4:52 pm
(@canadianguitarguy)

And the crazy son of a gun who did this - hope they lock him up in solitary and throw away the key.

He's dead too..........

They call them fingers, but I've never seen them fing.
Oh wait, there they go.

Posted : 09/12/2004 5:14 pm
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

A sad day for metal fans everywhere.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

Posted : 09/12/2004 6:11 pm
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Not really a fan, but that really sucks. I'ed hate to be playing a gig and have some nut jump up on the stage and bust a cap in my a...

-Metaellihead

Posted : 09/12/2004 10:19 pm