Clear all

Testing a LIVE video feed on 6-3-10

34 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I'm going to be doing a test to see how well I can stream LIVE to the web at 10am EST on Thursday.

I will really just be saying hi, and doing one maybe two songs. Here is the link:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-fingerstyle

So if anyone is able to come to that site at 10am EST to check it out for a couple minutes that would be great, because I'd like as much feedback as I can get.

I'm in the middle of getting ready for another Borders show, and wanted to toss the idea around of streaming it live to the web.

Thanks!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 31/05/2010 5:21 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

I'll give it a spin, Joe. Send me a reminder via PM the night before, please.

Don

Posted : 31/05/2010 5:24 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Okay, cool, will do!

I know it's early for alot of people especially those on the west coast...but it's the only time I have available.

Posted : 31/05/2010 5:32 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Joe, from the old Europe, 10am EST is 1500 GMT? :oops:

Posted : 31/05/2010 6:57 pm
(@alangreen)

Yep - we're 5 hours ahead of New York

Joe - I should be about on Thursday, and if I am I'll check it out too

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 31/05/2010 8:49 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Will try! But ifn I can't - good luck!! Break a musical leg!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 01/06/2010 1:17 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Great, hope everyone does find the time....and hopefully it'll work LOL. I'll be setting up the equipment to do a "postion" test for the camera etc during tomorrow and working on where I can put the Amp to get the least amount of feedback from my Condenser mic. That way I'll be able to start it up at 10am on the button.

Posted : 01/06/2010 2:55 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

The next Thursday is holiday here so I will be watching you. I will put an alarm in the iCal.

For the test. Probably I will be in the computer all the day so let mw know if you need anything.

Posted : 01/06/2010 8:05 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Awesome!!

There will be a chat window in the area so that if you are connected you can chat and I can respond to make adjustments etc.

Thanks to anyone and everyone that can help me out!!

Posted : 01/06/2010 8:09 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Well, I've registered myself in the site... I have no idea what I'm doing! LOL! I'd like to "subscribe" to your channel or something similar but I don't find the option. So, please, send me a PM, email or youtube message and I will there.

I'm getting older. The new technology... you know... LOL!

Posted : 01/06/2010 8:34 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

When I figure it out I'll let you know LOL. It's all new to me!!

Posted : 01/06/2010 8:38 am
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

I should be signed up as a follower. Hope to be there, depending on time zones tho. Hope it goes well, too. If I can figure out how to do it, I might have a crack at streaming an audio flash at some point (that would be....interesting :roll: ). Keep us posted on how it goes.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 01/06/2010 10:44 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Yep I see ya! You are 5 hours ahead of me, so it might be like 3pm where you are like Alan said.

I did a pre-test today to see where things would be placed etc...but I'll still need some feedback as far as loudness, video/audio quality and clarity etc.

Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to tune in and give me some feedback!

Posted : 01/06/2010 12:29 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Cool, good stuff, I'll be there.

Actually, if you want to help out with one of my future audio flashes....I'll be needing a piece of audio for a future experiment. The idea is I'll be using an audio track I've not picked or don't know in advance, and building a track around it. But the only solo stuff I have lots of is acapellas - rap and RnB and stuff. Got some acoustic guitar things, but a lot have copyright issues (at least remixing is more 'accepted' in the hip hop community) or have lots of chorus and stuff on them. So, if you wanted to record a short solo guitar piece for that, I'd be honoured. Doesn't have to be a long tune, as I'll be limiting myself to an hour for my work on it, so 1-2 minute's worth would be awesome, and you get full choice of which tune to record, just don't tell me what it is, and label the file something random, so I don't have any idea what it is until I sit down to do the work. I might chop bits of it up, or process it in some way, or just use the full track work around that.

I'm hoping to have a collabo experiment lined up for next week, and I'll be hella busy the following week, so I'd be looking at doing this collabo with you (if you're up for it) in just over a fortnight from now, or sometime after that. Whaddya think?

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 01/06/2010 1:23 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Well, I've registered myself in the site... I have no idea what I'm doing! LOL! I'd like to "subscribe" to your channel or something similar but I don't find the option. So, please, send me a PM, email or youtube message and I will there.

I'm getting older. The new technology... you know... LOL!

Same for me, Joe. Except I didn't register. The RSVP thing seemed more like a way to sign on for my own ustream account and info?
Any hoo, I saw a little play window there and I'm assuming you'll be broadcasting live come Thursday. I'll drop in and let you know if it worked out, sans registration.
:)

Don

Posted : 01/06/2010 7:46 pm
Page 1 / 3