Clear all

The Dali is Riding to help Cure Cancer

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter

That's right my rock'n'roll friends, I'm riding in the Jim Calhoun Cancer Challenge Ride on June 9th to raise money for the Neag Cancer Center (affiliated with the University of Connecticut).

If anyone would like to support my ride (and thereby donate to the cause) please visit my personal donor page:

https://www.calhounride.com/user.php?uid=300

Please note that my employer will match any donation made on my behalf, so anything you give will count twice!!

Thanks and keep rocking.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

Posted : 04/05/2007 3:06 pm
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I'd love to Donate, but I don't have any means of doing so, no credit card or such. However I'll be sure to support the next event to raise money for cancer that happens around here. It's a great cause for sure, I recently donated about 4 and half years worth of hair growth to Wigs for Kids. Best of luck with the ride!

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 04/05/2007 3:42 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Cancer is quite prevalent in my family. I lost both parents and my older sister to it. So, I want to say thank you, Dali, for what you're doing! I try to participate in cancer awareness and research drives whenever I can. They raise so much money (and so much more is still needed) and do such good work trying to beat this horrible disease. It's such a worthy cause! Thank you again!

And, Paul, I think it's great that you donated your hair! I'm in the process of growing mine out for that very purpose. Got a few more inches to go yet, though!

Both of you are earning lots of karma points! And you deserve them!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 04/05/2007 4:41 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Way to go. I'll probably be doing something with the wife in one of the local cancer walks. She was diagnosed with breast cancer last September the same month we got married. It's been a rough few months for her, she just finished her radiation treatment, after having her surgery in january. Unfortunately, they found some remaining cancer cells in her lymph notes which is not a good thing.

I'm praying that she will survive this as I can't even imagine what it must be like to have to go through this at such a young age.

It was really an eye opener for me as never having been around someone so close with the disease and although they have made great strides in combating the disease there is still such a long way to go.

Dali..thanks for doing this it means so much to those affected!!

Chris

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 04/05/2007 5:23 pm
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Sorry to hear about your personal issues with cancer, I'll be sure to ride hard for you!

-=- Steve

Posted : 04/05/2007 5:28 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Good for you Dali!!!!

I'd sponsor you - but I don't even have a bank account! HOWEVER.....I do have over £120 in a jar, I've put a £1 coin in every day since I quit smoking - and that's earmarked for Cancer Research.And as the jar's getting about 3/4 full, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to pay it in at the £182 mark instead of wating till there's £365 at the end of the year.....

Hope the ride goes well - you're a true star!

Don't think I could do what Off He Goes did though - I'm too attached to my hair! And it's a bit too grey for wigs for kids.... but good for you too, Paul! You're a star too!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 07/05/2007 2:31 pm
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Cool Vic - I'd pay it up at the half-year mark. The sooner they get the money the sooner they can start using it. Good work with the smoking!

-=- Steve

Posted : 08/05/2007 4:27 pm