Clear all

The Guitar Has Eyes.....

21 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter

My guitar keeps looking at me :shock: It does!! Make it stop...... :shock: :shock:

My purty new Spear Tomcat Golden Tiger. 8) With 9's :twisted: Before I swiftly changed them for 10's 8) 8)

It is a delight and joy to play. But it just keeps looking at me........ :?

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 21/02/2008 11:37 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter

oh yeah, full report tomorrow. :wink:

audio soon thereafter. :wink: :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

Posted : 21/02/2008 11:39 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Very cool!!!

But going with 10's is going to mean another setup. Play the 9's till they wear out. Shoudn't take more than a few weeks. :twisted:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 22/02/2008 12:41 am
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

iv never heard a 'spear' before :S

are they well known?

Posted : 22/02/2008 1:09 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Very nice looking guitar. I have to say though, if it was mine, I wouldn't leave it where the cat could leave paw-marks all over it...........

As for the eyes, perhaps they're there to remind you to study hard and be a good pupil? Sorry, just another touch of humour....iris my case!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 22/02/2008 1:22 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

That a cool looking guitar! 8) Can't wait to hear how it purrs! :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 22/02/2008 1:32 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

punny stuff there Vic, nice axe Scrybe :wink:

#4491....

Posted : 22/02/2008 3:49 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Nice pics there, Scrybe.

The guitar looks good and you too with it.

Enjoy !

Posted : 22/02/2008 5:43 am
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Bish - I did the set up for 10s while the battery on my camera was recharging, I really can't get with 9's at all - I'm with Jimi, you might as well use elastic bands if ya gonna use 9's. :lol: The set up was a breeze pretty much, the nut didn't need filing and the neck tension didn't need much, and it gave me the chance to add graph-tech saddles, so all is kewl. 8)

This is one sweet guitar - I'll report fully in a bit, just gonna work out everything I wanna say about t (and maybe have another half-hour or so plugging it into my marshall to, uh, check the tonal variety for research purposes...honest, lol).

Spear are fairly new, I'll provide full details of the brand in said report. At £429 this guitar is a steal!!

And thanks for the props on my pic Rahul - the first one of my playing, I wish it had a different background as its one of the few photos of me that I actually vaguely like. Well, at least I don't hate it. :lol: Dunno why the neck of the guitar is cut off the pic though, on photobucket you see the axe in its full glory... :?

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

Posted : 22/02/2008 1:41 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Very nice!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 22/02/2008 4:45 pm
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Now if I can make one of those "WINK" at all the Hot Chicks in the crowd.....

Hehehehehe :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Nice Axe Scrybe :)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

Posted : 22/02/2008 6:47 pm
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Very cool, Scrybe!

Jim

Posted : 22/02/2008 7:10 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Very nice looking guitar. Enjoy!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 22/02/2008 7:12 pm
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Looking Hot! Does the tone control or volume have a push/pull? It has great features (flame finish, the locking tuners, stop-tail, Seymour- Duncan PUPS, matching color hardware, great cut on lower bout), except I gotta say the fretboard inlay is a little to exotic por moi. Don''t get me wrong, I love cats, have three and my two calendars are cat/large cat themed. I guess I'm just not that exotic. By the way, you seem to have a nice bare bones decorating style, there. Just a suggestion, get some wall-hangers for your new guitars (to decorate your walls).

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

Posted : 23/02/2008 12:29 am
Page 1 / 2