Skip to content
The RECKONING DAY: ...

Notifications
Clear all

The RECKONING DAY: Tomorrow is my first time playing live!

16 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@corbind)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Well, I would certainly not thing (in my mind) that I did good. But at least I didn't mess up the songs. In a group jam session, I think of my job is just to add a bit to it. If I can't add or don't know what to add I like to be low in volume and subdued. I'm kinda laughing now at some players I've seen over the past two years who would wail out stuff and I'd wonder, “Why is this guy bothering? The song is going well without it and it's not really adding dimension.” But, on the other hand, I envy that player's drive to get right out there and do something good or bad.

Yea, after practice on Tuesday (maybe some of you saw that post) I realize that having a decent amp boost confidence and presence. It was a great lesson to learn. One of my keyboard amps went up on Ebay yesterday and my first guitar processor I have not used in a long time. The second keyboard amp will go on Ebay in another week and that will shore up the funds for a (at least for me) “big league” amp. I'm certain I'll feel more comfortable. Now is someone could just make me play better we'd be in great shape!

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 23/07/2004 6:01 am
Page 2 / 2